Professional Development Lead (Brussels or Paris based)
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Responsibilities of the role;
As the BFI (Benelux, France and Iberia) Professional Development (PD) lead, you will work in partnership with the wider PD function (including the global lead in Stamford, US) to develop professional relationships with Consultants including an in-depth understanding of their professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances. You will monitor Consultants’ development and provide counsel on appropriate assignments, skill development, career progression, as well as ensuring follow-through on critical team processes. Partnering with HR, you will help to manage Consultant performance review and evaluation processes, upward feedback systems, promotions and Partner committee processes. You will ensure Consultants receive timely and appropriate training by defining an overall training agenda for the cohort, plus identifying and coordinating firm and practice trainings to meet specific consultant development needs in balance with client priorities.
- Create an unrivaled environment for associates to grow and develop their careers; invest in professional development.
- Drive and champion a culture of performance; reward top performers, focus on talent upgrades.
- Coordinate with the consulting leadership team to understand staffing needs, including nature of assignment, staffing requirements, and oversee the staffing of teams to projects based on an understanding of client, office and individual needs.
- Work with the leadership team to ensure staffing decisions best optimize trade-offs between client service, utilization and retention.
- Work with Central Function/Ops Position to ensure current capacity at the Consultant level is up to date and accurate.
- Partner with the recruitment team during the interview process for entry-level hiring initiatives.
Consultant Professional Development:
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Consultants to provide guidance and mentoring on career management. Regularly meet with each Consultant to discuss their career development, goals, objectives, and interests. Make trade-offs between client needs, office utilization and individual needs.
- Monitor engagement team assignments to ensure Consultants have a variety of consulting projects and diverse experiences.
- Manage the professional development of Consulting staff. Review all engagement end and consensus reviews to ensure quality feedback and clear messaging. Determine appropriate ratings for individuals or help consensus reviewers settle on appropriate ratings for individuals in an assigned cohort.
- Hold regular regional office meetings and trainings; invite relevant parties to ensure Consulting staff are provided with the relevant content as pertains to their careers (e.g. cross-Industry, cross-Solution knowledge management, skill/competency capabilities).
- Partner with HR on performance management, employee relations and other issues related to employment law, risk and policy matters.
- Coordinate with HR on transfer process and leaves of absence for Consultants.
- Participate in the development and recommendation operating policy and procedural improvements for consulting staff.
Experience you will bring;
- Proven experience in managing and developing staff from different organisations with diversified levels, skills and backgrounds.
- Strong customer service, meticulous attention to detail and organisational skills necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Ability to influence at senior level of management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, as well as excellent organisational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint is required.
- Must thrive on working in a dynamic environment with challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
Job Requisition ID:36995
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top