Product Report Specialist
Product Report Specialist, Digital Markets
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you:
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, GetApp, and Capterra - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming.
About this role:
The Product Report Specialist position is a combination of market research, data analysis, content creation, and creativity. Your primary responsibility will be to help define, research, and create Capterra's Top 20 series of reports (Most Popular, Most User-Friendly and Most Affordable) and other branded content. You'll be researching and conducting user testing on hundreds of software systems to gather quantitative data and analyze different product’s UX designs to generate these reports. Capterra’s Top 20 reports have been a major contributor to organic traffic and brand awareness growth/success over the past three years.
What you’ll do:
- Insightful Research
- Research and define the core features, tasks, implementation needs, and pricing for each software category (each report requires personalized information). Research and gather data from software companies in that category.
- Test and complete a standard set of tasks in 50+ products measuring clicks and time to completion. Analyze each products UX tested and clearly articulate your opinion (pros/cons) per task tested. After testing, collect and condense feedback from all testers into bullet points to be sent to vendor.
Who you are:
- Comfortable conducting thorough research quickly on multiple software categories and gathering data from vendor websites. Extremely detail oriented and organized - you’ll be working with lots of numbers and data against a deadline. Strong team collaboration skills – majority of the decision will be made as a group, so you’ll need to be able to work on a high performing team, speak up and share in the decision making process, and take ownership of your work. A great communicator – whether you’re working directly with a software company to gather data or writing detailed feedback on a solutions product, you should excel at communication in a persuasive and professional tone. Creative - you’ll be responsible for defining, designing, and creating additional marketing collateral used to help promote the Top 20 reports.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
*What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- At least 1 year in a professional work environment
- Highly proficient with Web research and data gathering
- Highly proficient in English with strong written communication skills
- Highly computer literate, especially with Google Sheets (preferred) or Excel
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top