Product Report Analyst - Capterra
Capterra, a Gartner company, is a free service to help businesses find the right software. We offer the most comprehensive list of business software solutions on the web so that you're guaranteed to find your best match. We're located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia mere blocks from the Metro and surrounded by nearby restaurants, parks, and the Ballston Commons Mall. We've been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and Capterra has been listed in the Inc. 5000 for being one of the fastest growing companies in the country for the past 7 years.
About the Job
Capterra, a Gartner company, helps people find the right software for their business, and we're looking to grow our new Product Team! Are you a creative but detail–oriented person who is interested in producing original content to help companies improve their business? If so, you might be a great fit for this team! The Product Research Analyst position is a combination of research, data analysis, marketing, creativity, and content creation. Capterra's Top 20 reports have been a major contributor to organic traffic and brand awareness growth/success over the past 3 years. This role is responsible for improving upon and expanding the score of those reports.
Your primary responsibility will be to help define, research, and create Capterra's Top 20 series of reports (Most Popular, Most User-Friendly and Most Affordable). You'll be conducting user testing of hundreds of software systems to gather quantitative data and analyze UX design to generate the reports, while strategically defining the vision/plan for future reports.
Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- An Analytical Thinker — Want to research and learn about different software markets and all the different types of systems available? Each report requires extensive research, and a deep understanding of the components unique to each software category.
- A Great Communicator — Whether you're working directly with software companies to gather data and promote the reports, or writing blog posts when the reports launch, you should excel at communicating in a persuasive and professional tone.
- Creative — Time to use that left side of the brain! You'll be responsible for defining, designing, and creating additional marketing collateral to help promote the Top 20 reports.
- Detail–Oriented — You'll be working with lots of numbers and data against a deadline, so you should be an efficient worker who enjoys staying organized.
- Team–Oriented —Majority of the decisions will be made as a group, so you need to be willing to speak up and share in the decision making process
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ year of experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Enjoys collaborating and working in a team atmosphere
- Proficient computer skills (Google Sheets, Excel)
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top