Product Manager - Product Management and Development
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
This is a unique opportunity for a creative and charismatic leader seeking a transformative role in a fast-growing business tracking towards $1B+ in Revenue. If you are interested in leveraging your deep product expertise to drive strong double-digit growth using a great balance between strategy and execution, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and agile learning environment, then this is the role for you.
We value and base our decision on both qualitative and quantitative insights and having great people skills is crucial to drive execution and results. Just as important is the intuitive ability to move towards the important vs. the interesting. You will also be expected to interact regularly with our clients, mostly technology executives.
As a pivotal member of the highly visible product team serving the top leadership at the world’s leading technology companies, you will be responsible for:
- Shape and define the product strategy - manage pricing strategy, product roadmap, and work across the organization to deliver on strategy
- Identify critical unmet client needs and prioritize product development efforts to meet those needs – via qualitative and quantitative analysis and client interviews; build business cases to facilitate decision making
- Act as point internal point of contact for sales, service teams and all other stakeholders
- Manage end of end product development and launch efforts in partnership with carious stakeholders
- Manage the portfolio of products – to continuously simplify – by balancing launching new/enhanced products vs retraining old/legacy offerings and creating paths of migrating legacy clients
- Continuously learn from best practices of other teams at Garner (and outside) and ensure the product line stays aligned to other products across Gartner
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably finance, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or economics - MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties. Consulting background (McKinsey, Booz Allen, BCG, etc.) strongly preferred
- Strategic leadership skills; ability to craft and articulate a clear, consistent vision, implement effective operating plans, and lead a cross-functional team
- Significant experience in one or more critical areas of product: product management, go-to-market enablement, product development, commercial operations
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze large datasets and translate raw information into actionable insights so that it can be easily understood and utilized by the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation writing and delivery to all levels, including executive and C-Suite
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IT and technical issues
- Outstanding project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must
Job Requisition ID:36529
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top