Product Manager, Business Products & Platform
The Product Manager deals with planning, analysis, development and marketing of assigned product.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
The Product Manager is a member of a core team delivering a strategic product/service. He/she leverages business development experience, operations, technology, user experience knowledge, and marketing experience in order to develop, test, and execute a strategy to deliver the product/service offering. The product manager is involved in conceiving, launching and directing new and improved features to the product in an agile and fast evolving environment. He/she has established analytical problem solving, execution and leadership skills. He/she is responsible for directing efforts and influencing decisions to ensure set performance and business goals are met for the product.
- Manage day to day business operations
- Analyze and present performance, monitor trends, support problem solving efforts to various levels of management
- Prioritize product development (new features and enhance)
- Lead sales and service delivery training effort
- Conduct presentations at select global Gartner events to clients
- Conduct market research to monitor competitors, test product concepts, and measure customer satisfaction. Impact of Role: Expected Results
- The product manager role has a direct influence on customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Expected results are measured through the products’ impact having a significant influence on overall client retention for Gartner.
Relationships: Internal/External The Product Manager collaborates internally with and coordinates business unit partners for content development, technology and marketing support.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in a Math, Science and/or Engineering or related area highly desired.
- Candidates with Business related degrees (including MBAs) will be considered with proven experience in a quantitative role.
- 4+ years general product development, program management, online marketing, or analytics
- 5-7 years general business experience working in a digital environment
- Experience executing and analyzing marketing campaigns
- Strong influencing skills and managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into simple, concise statements and core messages
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to create quantitative and qualitative business analysis and develop clear business strategies
- Ability to work with and manage resources from different organizations
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Excel and Powerpoint, and is able to clearly present and articulate ideas through PPT
Job ID 00020604
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top