The Product Manager is an expert in ensuring that Gartner’s largest clients continue their business with the company. This innovative position requires sharp business acumen, analytical skills, and influencing skills. As a core member of Gartner’s Prioritized Accounts and retention team, he or she will ensure that best practices are executed within our sales operations, and innovate new best practices to scale our most impactful retention practices. She will also work with the team to help mitigate risks to the business, and navigate challenging client situations.
The objective of this role is to improve the P&L of the IT end-user research business for one of Americas sales channels. The role is a perfect balance between strategy and operations. It touches all aspects of our corporate strategy:
- Client focus: In order to retain customers, we need to ensure our research is insightful and aligned with client priorities; that our sales and service teams have trust-based value-added relationships with clients, and that we build sales capabilities to grow our market coverage.
- Operational effectiveness: This team is like a startup and looking to pilot a number of programs, to build a robust operating model of support to turn-around renewals with high risk. The team leads a fortnightly retention progress review with the CEO, all Sales leads and many BU heads.
- Professional development: Gartner places a high premium on professional development. This product team has grown from under 10 people to 30 over the last 5 years. There are a number of opportunities to take on challenging projects that will build the necessary skillsets to progress within the organization. Members of this team have been promoted within the team and to roles in product development, business operations, sales operations, and sales. We also have a robust 360 deg feedback and performance review process that enables a clear definition of objectives and success.
- Improvement and innovation: The product team has a long history of innovation at Gartner. The team examines wins and losses each quarter and has a track record of launching new programs that have grown from pilots to full teams.
- Drive action in account discussions as a subject matter expert on large deals, risk mitigation techniques, and executive-ready business cases
- Alert sales and service leaders of issues for large deals and suggest potential solutions
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to help develop solutions to retention problems; working with cross-functional teams to implement these solutions
- Work with sales and service teams and our Proposal Center of Excellence to help create a strong business case for renewal and growth of our largest clients
- Innovate on scaling the team’s current operational model of support
- Develop IT tools to improve sales productivity, from writing requirements, project managing development, launch and training, and ongoing feature enhancements
- Work on change management initiatives to ensure adoption and quality of the tools and processes
As a leader in our organization, it is important that the Product Manager consistently exhibits all aspects of the Gartner culture which is based on 5 core values.
Integrity: Do the right thing.
Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do.
No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo.
Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
Results: Execute consistently using global best practices .
Education: BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Finance from a top university or equivalent experience; Masters a plus
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- 1-3 years of experience in completing complex analysis and solving challenging business problems as a business analyst/ consultant at a top-tier consulting firm, investment banking associate or strategy analyst for a leading company
- A track record of using interpersonal skills to gain momentum and an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to clients and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to create quantitative and qualitative business analysis and develop clear business strategies
- Ability to work with and manage resources from different organizations
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into simple, concise statements and core messages
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including Excel and Powerpoint, and is able to clearly present and articulate ideas through PPT
The Product Manager role will report to Stacey-Ann Johnson, Director End User Programs. Stacey has been with Gartner since 2014. Prior to Gartner, Stacey worked as an Associate Director within Starwood Hotels’ CFO organization, where she led financial planning and analytics initiatives. Her background in Finance began as an M&A investment banker at Credit Suisse, which she joined after receiving her MBA from Wharton.
Job ID 00017592
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top