- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Director – Accelerating New Business Initiatives - Growth Programs
Global HQ - Stamford, CT
The Director of Accelerating New Business Initiatives (ANBI) - Growth Programs role is based in our global headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. The focus of the role will be to develop new services and approaches that will radically improve our new business productivity. The primary objective of this role is to develop highly scalable services which can be deployed to global teams to accelerate new business.
This role, in collaboration with his/her team, will achieve this objective by working collaboratively with cross-BU peers from our Marketing, Sales, Operations, Technology, Research, and Product organizations. The role will be an individual contributor with opportunity to take on people leadership in the future, depending on performance.
- Conduct primary analysis to identify areas of opportunity for new approaches and iterative enhancements to the Gartner Sales process
- Size expected economic impact and return on investment for new opportunities and bright spots
- Create services which are capable of being deployed across a global sales force to increase new business productivity
- Manage the design, deployment, and operations of new approaches via iterative pilots
- Monitor progress of pilots and early versions of services and create reporting and monthly C-Suite level presentations to track progress
- Develop tools to automate processes and improve operational efficiencies
- Manage, mentor, and support team members as needed
- Master’s degree, MBA or equivalent degree in math, statistics, engineering or a related field
- Strategic thinker and fast learner - gets the big picture and can get up to speed on “Gartner” processes/systems/people very fast
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem solving, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including MS PowerPoint
- Ability to develop, organize, and lead initiatives with strong organizational skills and project management
- Demonstrated experience managing projects through influence without direct control
- A bias for action, including balancing trade-offs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- “Can-do” attitude i.e. ability to get this done in a creative way within the given constraints and bring people along as we do it, not easily flustered or frustrated with roadblocks, imperfect systems/processes etc. – but finds a way around roadblocks)
- Interest in IT/technology and/or experience with C-suite target audiences
- 4+ years (or 1+ if post-graduate school) of experience in top tier management consulting
- Experience in Product Management / Product Development a plus
As a leader in our organization, it is important that the ideal candidate consistently exhibits all aspects of the Gartner culture which is based on 5 core values;
Integrity: Do the right thing. Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do. No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo. Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually. Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
Job Requisition ID:39189
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top