Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities • To be successful in this role the candidate must gain credibility and influence internal stakeholders including sales teams & executive leadership. They must have a history of consistently driving results and delivering business impact. They must have a passion for building a business, be highly comfortable with ambiguity and effective working in a dynamic and an ever changing environment.
• This role will impact the speed and scale of growth through a variety of contributions including:
o Designing and implementing a strategic initiatives to support rapid, repeatable growth, and consistently iterating the approach based on learnings from prior successes and failures.
o Analyzing and implementing, in partnership with Sales & Service, an increasingly more effective approach to driving high levels of client retention across the existing client base.
o Leading problem-solving efforts to identify and remove impediments to growth and drive high-levels of customer satisfaction/retention.
o Gathering and analyzing market data to identify new product opportunities or enhancements including but not limited to assimilating and evolving acquired assets into the Marketing Offerings portfolio
• This is a highly visible role that goes well beyond strategy and is results oriented.
Education Bachelors of Economics, Business, Marketing, or other quantitative field strongly preferred.
Professional Experience • 12 plus years business experience (Product Development, Strategy, Management)
• Consulting background (McKinsey, Booz Allen, BCG etc)
• Experience in product management processes
• Demonstrated ability to deliver presentations and influence, to prioritize and handle multiple requests concurrently, to distill large amounts/complex information into a concise message and to work cross functionally in a distributed organization
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies • Strategic leadership skills; ability to craft and articulate a clear, consistent vision, implement effective operating plans, and lead a cross-functional team.
• High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation.
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, listening and relationship building skills.
• Strong sense of natural curiosity, quick analytical skills, instinctive math skills.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
• Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Job ID 00020965
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top