Principal Research Analyst, Forecasting and Market Share Analysis, Gartner Research; Flexible Work Location Within India
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
The forecast and marketshare lead is responsible for creating and maintaining forecast models as well as assisting with the annual software marketshare process. Forecast models involve developing a theory of the market to building, testing and implementing quantitative models. The marketshare process is a high visibility deliverable that builds a model of the players in the largest software markets.
What you will do:
Formulates and articulates theory of how assigned markets work
- Identifies influencing factors, components & key metrics
- Creates, maintains and publishes Market Model documentation
- Identifies and communicate how real world trends impact market model influencing factors
- Leads forecast research community discussions to develop positions and assumptions
- Develops forecast storyline, narrative and key messages
- Lead authors Forecast publications
- Structures slides for client presentations
- Speaks with clients on the most important influencing factors and quantified insight about them
- Leverages media (press releases, blogs, social media) to highlight assumptions statements as predictions
Develops & maintains an understanding of the structure and dynamics of the assigned software and industry markets
- Gathers information from public financial disclosures, secondary sources, and Gartner analysts to produce revenue and growth estimates for software vendors across key market segments
- Coordinates with vendor representatives and Gartner analysts
- Uses Excel and Quantrix models to quantify research findings
- Co-ordinates with Secondary Research analysts located in Gurgaon
What you will need:
Highly numerative with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives supply and demand side behavior.
- 6+ yrs of proven experience developing forecast and other quantitative models
- Proficient Excel user. Experience with Quantrix or other modeling tools a plus
- Excellent project and task management skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Very good writing skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Can work and deliver results with minimal day-to-day task supervision.
- Language: proficient in English.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline (or MBA) an advantage
Articulate and succinct communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas effectively.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional influencing and leadership skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top