Principal Research Analyst
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
You are primarily responsible for creating and delivering strategic content to the RB’s clients in the Strategic Sourcing Research Board (Global Sourcing, Procurement and Vendor Management Leaders) through written reports, presentations, teleconferences, interviews, and briefings. You also mentor and guide other Research Analysts through the research process.
- Lead the team responsible for the delivery of each research cycle. This includes organizing the research process, having primary responsibility for content creation, planning the agenda for the global meeting, identifying client and thought leaders as speakers for meetings, and delivering RB research through interactive, thought-provoking presentations.
- Serve members, in conjunction with the Programs team, by crafting must-attend meetings with compelling content and speakers. Aid the Programs team as necessary to serve and retain clients.
- Grow the RB’s network of thought leaders (academics, investors, etc.), startups, and vendors that the research team can draw on for interviews and speakers.
- Provide tailored briefings for clients and their teams reflecting the research, meeting conversations, and speakers, either face-to-face, or via videoconference.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone, face-to-face sales.
- Spearhead and support new initiatives that support the Research Board’s growth and evolution, including process innovations.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with leaders of leading IT vendors – e.g. Cisco, HP, MS
- Ensure integrity of research & analysis of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 8-12 years of research or consulting experience within the technology field, in particular experience working on strategic IT sourcing or vendor relationship management
- Deep knowledge of technology industry and market, vendors, products, and users, particularly large enterprises.
- Strong command of business strategy concepts; ability to compellingly apply thinking across industries.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real-time, with clients and during meetings.
Job ID 00021044
Job Requisition ID:G21044
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G21044
Back to top