- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role
Principal DBA is responsible for 24x7 availability for critical systems; participate in the strategic planning of the Databases, troubleshoot and resolve performance; perform day-to-day administrative tasks.
What you will do
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and enforcement of effective industry standard processes and policies within our QA, DEV and Production environments.
- Partner with Architecture teams to provide the best technology recommendations/solutions for business-critical processes.
- Involved in the design process with Middleware, Apps Dev, and other technical teams to implement solutions.
- Manage and consolidate Gartner’s database deployments to drive down licensing costs.
- Liaise with managers and staff of AppsDev to ensure consistent application of the tactical and strategic directions of Gartner.
- Fully Successful Enterprise Database Environment. Stable in production. Meeting and exceeding SLA's/OLA's. Prepared for advancing technology.
- Provide and support the tactical and strategic directions for Gartner's database infrastructure.
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for problem resolution
- Monitor capital project status to ensure financial run rates are being met.
- Effective patch management process
- Cohesive storage, backup, and archiving solution for Gartner Databases
- Works closely with other Data Center Management staff to ensure departmental consistency.
What you’ll need:
- 12+ years’ experience in Database Management on Oracle/PostgreSQL or MySQL with increasing levels of responsibility.
- This role is a technology hands on leader, who has experience managing/migrating databases in cloud.
- Performance tuning/optimization of databases and processes would be key responsibility in addition to leading the team by example.
- Professional Cloud certifications would be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred)
- Authoritative knowledge of more than two database platforms (i.e. Oracle, PostGreSQL, My SQL, etc.) Operations and Internals
- Experience with moving database to cloud or working on databases on clod is strongly desired.
- Hands on experience with resolving performance issues/query tuning/database performance identification/resolution.
- Experience with automation tools around database deployments is good to have.
- Experience/interest towards open source or NoSQL databases is highly desired.
- Expertise with architecture design, capacity planning, performance tuning, back-up and recovery, and 24/7 operational support, in a large-scale enterprise environment with high availability
- Strong Unix skills and experience on multiple platforms (Solaris / HP-UX / Linux)
- Expertise on managing databases on 11G/12C RAC is required.
- Any experience on MySQL in HA environment is highly desired.
- Experience in packaged ERP applications (i.e. Oracle EBS, Siebel, OBIEE, etc.) is desired
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Commitment to teamwork as both a contributor and a leader
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Any advanced certification on databases is good to have (like OCM)
Who you are:
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Project work delivered on-time within budget
- All work products are delivered with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39960
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top