Order Management Specialist - Fort Myers, FL
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Order Management Specialist
About this role:
Review contracts for accuracy and provide recommendations to ensure they comply with established SOX policy, pricing policy and country specific law. Process contracts through Oracle and the order entry system to provide clients with their deliverables and invoice.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Review contracts for accuracy and provide recommendations to ensure they comply with established SOX policy.
- Pricing policy and country specific law. Process contracts through Oracle and the order entry system to provide clients with their deliverables and invoice.
- Understand and adhere to all corporate guidelines for pricing, legal, product, Gold Notes, SOX and country specific laws.
- Review and help prepare all Sales Agreements with Sales before presenting to Client; provide updated language, calculation of credits for re-writes and recommendations for edits or further approvals before submission to Client.
- Review order packages for accuracy and compliance within booking guidelines, SOX, contractual language, country specific laws and pricing.
- Review new and existing services before transacting; complete Order Check List and Mapping Sheet. *Work with all business units if approvals and key data are missing ensuring Gartner maximizes sales bookings for the month / quarter.
- Enter all specific Client and Sales data into Oracle / OPI system and invoice clients in accordance with the contract terms.
- Review Transaction Verify report after booking for accuracy.
- Hand off to License Management and On Boarding teams to activate Client deliverables.
- Process manual billing each month and follow up with Sales/Clients for Purchase Orders.
- Electronically file all emails and contractual documentation in Documentum.
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 or more years of related office experience in one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Support, General Accounting
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software. Oracle and a CRM system knowledge a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
- Effective listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong initiative; Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; Strong team player
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:G5563
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G5563
Back to top