Order Management Specialist - Fort Myers, FL
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
Review contracts for accuracy and provide recommendations to ensure they comply with established SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) policy, pricing policy and country specific law. Process contracts through Oracle and the order entry system to provide clients with their deliverables and invoice.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and adhere to all corporate guidelines for legal, pricing, penalties, discounts, termination /out-clauses, product/service, Gold Notes, SOX and country specific laws.
- Review and help prepare all sales agreements with Sales before presenting to Client; provide updated language, calculation of credits for re-writes and recommendations for edits or further approvals before submission to Client.
- Review order packages for accuracy and compliance within booking guidelines, SOX, contractual language, country specific laws and pricing.
- Review new and existing services before transacting; complete Order Check List and Mapping Sheet. Work with all business units if approvals and key data are missing ensuring Gartner maximizes sales bookings for the month / quarter.
- Enter all specific Client/ Sales data into Oracle / OPI (Order Processing Invoicing) system, update and maintain engagements and invoice clients in accordance with the contractual terms.
- Review Transaction Verify report after booking for accuracy. Hand off to License Management and On Boarding teams to activate Client deliverables when applicable.
- Process manual billing each month and follow up with Sales /Clients for Purchase Orders and signed agreements for letter of intent bookings.
- Electronically file all emails and contractual documentation in the corporate e-file system.
- Impact: Client/Sales satisfaction, Clients immediately access their services, Sales immediately view their attainment of quota to forecast to bookings for Sr VP Sales, Sales are compensated accurately, Client data accurately flow to all Company databases, systems and Client Connect. Revenue recognized accurately and increase our cash flow by accuracy of invoice to Clients
- Expected Results: Review and help prepare service agreements for Sales within 24 – 48 hours. Once authorized, process complete and accurate orders within 24-48 hours; Orders processed with a minimum of 95% accuracy
High School Diploma required; Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 or more years of related office experience in one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Support, and General Accounting.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software.
- Oracle and a CRM (Client Relationship Management) system knowledge a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong initiative.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job ID 00005563
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top