New Business Sales
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Business Development Directors are assigned a geographic territory within specific geographies. Their goal is to prospect companies which are not presently purchasing Gartner Research. The purpose is to identify key buying centers in these companies to sell Gartner Research to expand Gartner’s net new client base.
A typical day might look like:
• Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities; build and effectively manage a territory of prospects to drive business development.
• Strong focus on selling to only net new/prospective clients, transitioning closed clients to existing Account Executive team to manage the relationship moving forward
• Master and consistently execute Gartner’s internal sales methodology
• Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts; quickly build relationships with key stakeholders to drive business.
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters or advanced degree a plus
• 7+ years of proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services, software or hardware)
• Ability to prospect and develop C-level and senior-level relationships within large global enterprises
• Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic vision into their business
• Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
Who you are:
• Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
• Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
• Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner sales associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• Competitive base salary
• Uncapped commissions
• Generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world.
Job Requisition ID:26398
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top