MVP, Research Business Ops, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic vision to drive the creation and implementation of innovative and scalable solutions which expand and improve Research & Advisory functions and services.
- Specifically the role will focus on
- Sales Enablement. Establish and maintain a strategic partnership with Global Technology Sales and Global Business Sales to support sales effectiveness activities related to Research & Advisory. Drive effective use of Research Proof of Concept to support Net Contract Value Increase targets.
- Events Planning and Program Development. Establish and maintain a strategic partnership with the Events team to ensure alignment on the Global Events Portfolio. Ensure appropriate Research content and resourcing to support Events quality and financial objectives.
- Program Management of Critical IT enabled initiatives. Partner with IT and Research & Advisory teams to ensure successful implementation and adoption of systems and processes.
- Lead the organization by recruiting, motivating, training and managing performance of team members.
- Leads annual capital planning process (CapEx) for Research & Advisory
- Manage all aspects of Research Business Operations inclusive of resources, budget and deliverables.
- Manage cost of operation by effectively leveraging off-shore teams – growing existing functions and supporting new functions.
- Partner with Research & Advisory Executive Management Team (EMT) to strategize, analyze and take decisions of significant business and financial impact to the Research organization and overall Gartner business.
- Lead selective Long-Range Planning (LRP) Engagement in relevant topic areas.
- Creates, manages, continuously develops and improves long-term solutions to meet strategic business and corporate goals.
- Provides business expertise, strategic vision, innovation, and thought leadership to drive continuous improvements to Research & Advisory Strategy and Operations (RASO).
- Active member of the RASO Leadership team, working with Research & Advisory senior management to devise appropriate solutions to business critical needs and problems. Successfully and sustainably expands or measurably improves RASO services by demonstrating and applying effective strategic and innovative insight and thought leadership.
- Represents RASO leadership management within the global organization. Actively promotes RASO functions and services to increase influence within the global organization.
- Successfully leads teams and collaborates with peers to drive measurable business value in one or more of the following areas: increased client satisfaction, improved client retention, optimized client experience, improved productivity, streamlined processes or reduced costs.
- Graduate, equivalent or higher level qualification, preferably in a related discipline.
- 10-15 years business experience, with progressive responsibility, in an extremely fast paced work environment.
- In depth experience of the IT Research industry, preferably within research or related environment.
- 10 plus years successful experience in managing complex programs and projects and working with business critical databases, analysis and reporting tools, in a complex matrix organization with distributed virtual teams.
- Demonstrated success in providing business expertise, thought leadership and strategic vision and creating and managing long-term solutions to meet strategic business unit and corporate goals.
- Demonstrated experience of leading successful teams, and of coaching and mentoring team members.
- Excellent business vision, innovative thought leadership and strategic thinking with ability to develop and execute on strategy, program management, organizational, collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills both within and across business units and with all levels of management.
- Experienced and skilled in relationship-building, business negotiation, change management and influencing techniques.
Job Requisition ID:27542
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID 27542
Back to top