What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Lead a team of technology professionals to support all cross-GDM(Gartner Digital Markets) IT initiatives including the implementation and maintenance of back office systems, proprietary tools, management of master data domains, and services to provide data to sites.
- Build a geographically dispersed central IT function for GDM
- Establish a long term vision and strategy for the growth of this newly formed organization
- Select and deploy technologies to support the growth of GDM (e.g. BI, CRM, marketing automation tools)
- Work with site engineering leads to develop a technology architecture which enables GDMs growth and allows site engineering teams to move faster
- Build tools and processes which ensure the data that GDM relies on is of the highest possible quality
- Work collaboratively with GDM leadership to ensure all aspects of the business are considered and all activities align with GDM Mission Critical Priorities
- Play a leadership role (in collaboration with site engineer leads) in the evaluation and selection of technology used within GDM
- Facilitate financial planning, budgeting and procurement activities
- Support and makes decisions on strategic initiatives in flight or planned within GDM that are currently not resourced or resourced by site engineering teams (which will free up their capacity to work on site specific projects);
- Build technology infrastructure that helps the business operate in a more efficient and productive fashion
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical engineering field
- 15+ years overall technical experience to include: Minimum 5 years of experience managing applications or database teams. Minimum 5 years of software engineering experience
- In-depth understanding of technological architecture, and broad knowledge of wide variety of technology platforms, tools and languages. Ability to provide thought leadership.
- Required core capabilities include all aspects of building software systems, applications and supporting system infrastructure.
- Prior success in leading complex technology development, managing priorities and concept-to-implementation execution, and delivering market-leading technology solutions.
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with proven experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc.
- Ability to attract talent, inspire change in the organization, and develop the next generation of leaders.
- Ability to influence by building trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
Job Requisition ID:G20946
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G20946
Back to top