MVP, Exhibit Products & Services
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential with a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner, the world's leading research and advisory company. We are seeking a highly motivated global transformational leader to contribute to Gartner’s fastest growing business unit, Gartner Conferences. Gartner Conference Production is a high performing, professional and dedicated team focused on delivering over 75+ world class conferences, across 8 geographies, attracting over 70,000 attendees and over 2,000 exhibitors.
We are seeking a highly motivated global transformational leader to re-define and grow our Global Conference Services Organization which provides our clients a personalized, proactive, concierge-level service to help them leverage and maximize their investment in our Conferences globally. This team will serve as the single point of contact along with the Sales organization to ensure clients receive value that far surpasses their investment and attendee and exhibitor retention goals are achieved. Responsible for continuous innovation in the way we deliver products and service clients across all portfolios.
This is a newly created role due to the rapid growth of the business and level of focus on driving higher engagement to increase Attendee & Exhibitor retention levels across all Gartner Conferences. It is a global role responsible for supporting the annual revenue targets of 400+ million USD with rapid y-o-y growth.
The MVP of Global Services will:
Build, lead and inspire a service led organization responsible for improving client retention through exceptional service delivery and value for our attendee & exhibitor clients supporting over-achievement of annual revenue targets (circa USD 500 million.) Lead, motivate and manage leaders that are responsible for the service delivery teams. Communicate and drive the execution plan leading to 90%+ retention and double digit growth. Be a change agent and transformational leader that that has a strong client focus and commitment to operate in a high performance culture, and thriving environment whilst scaling the business. Hire, develop and retain world class talent that are capable of executing proven practices as well as accommodating change initiatives. Manage a positive group dynamic to foster collaboration and first team behaviour. Set the strategy for service delivery, account/logo retention programs, operational effectiveness and efficiency, metric tracking, all with a view of earning customer loyalty and driving strong retention. Develop and foster a collaborative relationship with the wider Conference Production teams, Conference Sales, Research and other key Gartner business units. Establish and maintain solid working relationships with various internal entities to create a comprehensive, well designed strategy for growth and retention globally. Partner with Conference Production Leaders and their respective teams to ensure end-to-end client experience is seamlessly managed and garner a full understanding of the needs of both attendees and exhibitors to drive meaningful engagements at Gartner Conferences. Maintain a high level of understanding knowledge of Gartner’s vision, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values and code of ethics in order to coach, motivate and engage staff to provide excellent value to clients.
- Build client engagement model to drive maximum retention
- Ensure 100% compliance with Client Service delivery tracking & analysis, including developing a robust dashboard for new measures of performance management and impact on retention.
- Partner with Customer Insights & Analytics teams to leverage direct client feedback, make data driven decisions and measure team performance using the Net Promotor Score (NPS).
- Identify Clients’ and Sales Teams’ most urgent initiatives and link those initiatives with the right resources/products in Gartner or community in a timely manner.
- Support timely on-boarding of new clients, renewal on-boarding for existing clients and ensure deliverables are delivered effectively & timely.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly internal meetings aligned with sales led client value meetings, including information dissemination to internal associates (Impact Assessment, Value Statements)
- Communicate, and drive strong collaboration across all internal and external partners inspiring confidence and translating our strategy to ensure seamless delivery of our Conferences.
- Build effective operating model to deliver flawless client experiences in partnership with other Senior Conference Production leaders
- Present to Gartner Operating Committee & Global Leadership Team on initiatives that need more focus to help drive strong client retention
The MVP, Service Delivery is a senior business leader with a proven track record for problem solving, excellent communication, leadership mindset and effective prioritization of competing priorities. The candidate will have prior successful experience in managing revenue, improving retention and scaling a business with double digit revenue growth every year.
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in a senior management role in a complex global, multi-billion dollar organization.
- Excellent relationship skills, including significant experience working with CXO level executives.
- Demonstrate sales and/or business development experience with CXO level executives.
- Preferred: Exhibition/sponsorship product development/management
- Leadership mindset: Demonstrates humility and ability to adapt to change quickly with a ‘no limits’ perspective
- Know the right things to do: Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business advice and access to appropriate Gartner service to support achievement of business results. Ability to demonstrate creativity, innovation decisiveness while executing flawlessly with a high sense of urgency.
- Prioritize time: Strong time and project management skills; operationalization of leadership mindset
- Deliver powerful communications: Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills in an effort to drive results.
- Build great teams: Extensive and proven people management and development skills. Ability to lead direct and indirect reports
Job Requisition ID:35104
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top