Master Data Mgmt and Data Governance Senior Director Analyst
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Our new analyst will create Gartner research, analyze and communicate their insights to our clients, both in writing and orally. He or she will also support Gartner Sales operations in North America. The successful candidate will conduct research, writing and speaking engagements providing valuable insight, predictions and actionable advice to our clients in Master Data Management and Data Governance, as well as Data and Analytics (D&A) strategies and organizations. Moreover, analyst will support the applications of D&A to digital business. The successful candidate must understand how modern D&A strategies fit into an organization’s plan of development to future proof them against new emerging and disruptive technologies.
- Conduct research and analyses centered on Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Governance, including subjects such as modern D&A strategies and governance. Specific focus includes customer MDM, enterprise information management (EIM), leadership, MDM technology adoption, and vendors of MDM systems (e.g., master data management [MDM], or those who supply tools for metadata management, data quality and data integration.)
- Cover the specified subjects pertaining to MDM and contextualize them for adjacent areas of research (such as Enterprise Information Management (EIM), Data Integration and Data quality), while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the technology markets. Use this knowledge to write innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically deep research.
- Lead the Gartner’s research processes by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and constructing appropriate research to address them. Provide in-depth analyses based on client input and your experience.
- Drive client demand for Gartner’s Research about D&A.
- Be known as a leader for a specific body of research (e.g., MDM implementation and EIM strategy.)
- Use your research to develop and deliver compelling presentations to audiences at Gartner and client conferences.
- Assist Sales to sell and then retain clients on topics covered by the Analyst's local MDM team and the extended team.
- Peer review research of other analysts. Assure accuracy, consistency and timely research reviews.
- Lead or participate in research communities to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Perform other duties commonly assigned to senior research director, analysts (e.g., special projects such as surveys).
- 10—15 years of experience with at least 10 years as data and analytics senior manager. You must have previously held a senior leadership role within a business or technology field related to data or analytics in either an end-user or MDM vendor organization.
- 5—10 years technology experience in a major government is a plus.
- Masters degree or advanced professional qualification(s)) in a D&A field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level with publishing a must.
- An earned Ph.D. in a D&A discipline will give the candidate a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in a D&A discipline and deep knowledge of MDM, data governance, data integration or data management; a deep understanding of MDM technology vendors, products and end-user strategies.
- Exceptional communication skills possessed of an uncanny ability to explain complex ideas simply to top executives.
- Exceptional analytical skills; an ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns, draw and defend conclusions with peer analysts and clients.
- Strong project planning, leadership and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional skills in the art of influencing others.
Job Requisition ID:36618
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top