Marketing Data Specialist
Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp are in the Digital Markets business unit within Gartner. We help small businesses find the software solutions they need to grow and succeed. Gartner Digital Markets offers the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced with the resources of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced but highly collaborative environment with white space opportunity to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with A+ colleagues and work directly with leaders at every level. You also subscribe to our philosophy of ‘Team first, always’.
This position reports to the Manager, Marketing Analytics. You will help lead digital marketing analysis and reporting efforts to guide and advance marketing initiatives and strategies for Gartner Digital Markets. You will collaborate closely with other stakeholders to build reports, dashboards, and new KPIs to measure business health. You will also oversee data management processes, controls, and remediation processes. In an analytic capacity, this position will leverage data from a variety of disparate sources to deliver actionable insight for business decision making and monitoring.
Develop quantitative analyses, build dashboards, and support both recurring and ad hoc reporting to provide insight into performance of marketing channels and identify opportunities for improvement.
Work with engineering teams to resolve data issues that impact data accuracy, and ensure data infrastructure exists to provide purpose and quality to end users.
Assist with the automation of reporting, currently maintained by both the analytics team as well as reporting owned by stakeholders across a variety of teams within the marketing organization.
Support the implementation of data management processes and controls.
Manage data error reporting and remediation processes. Lead the effort to implement exception reporting, and ensure the right checks and balances are in place to promote accurate reporting.
Partner with internal customers (marketing, engineering, finance) to plan, develop, and execute analyses that lead to actionable insights and new business opportunities.
Extract and manipulate data from multiple data sources including customer, marketing, and transactional databases to create integrated views that give analyses a holistic perspective.
Produce recommendations for changes and improvements to business systems and processes to ensure analytical insights can be achieved.
Identify meaningful trends or patterns that impact strategic decisions and future marketing investments and regularly share results with marketing stakeholders.
Design targeting and testing structures to support marketing learning objectives, while ensuring results will be statistically sound and can be scaled out to a larger audience.
Who You Are:
- You’re curious – you’re always trying to understand the “why”, and you’re confident in wrestling the underlying data in order to get there.
- You’re flexible – you understand priorities change, requiring you to shift focus when needed, while also working on multiple projects in parallel.
- You’re collaborative and you genuinely like working with people – you thrive in environments where you can partner and work closely with a variety of teams in many different locations.
- You’re positive – you love data and you understand it can sometimes be defeating, but that doesn’t keep you from staying positive and enthusiastic day in and day out.
- You are an effective communicator - you possess the verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills that are essential to translating quant-based analyses into digestible, actionable insights.
- Bachelor or MS in quantitative marketing or a related field with a strong interest in digital marketing, and 2-4 years related experience
- Proficiency with table creation and querying using SQL
- Proficiency with generating big data visualization using Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft applications
- PPC platform experience a plus (AdWords and Bing)
- Brings a highly creative approach to quantitative analysis and problem solving and is able to comfortably think outside the traditional methodologies to analyze data and render findings
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Exceptional analytical skills. Ability to draw conclusions and actionable recommendations based on insights derived from analysis, while presenting results with easily understood and meaningful charts and tables.
- Must be able to make intelligent business decisions in a timely manner, while working under tight deadlines on multiple projects and be comfortable working with data derived from a variety of data sources.
- Attention to details, while able to also grasp the larger picture
- Prioritize, provide deadlines, and define the most efficient approach to a requested analysis
- Ability to learn quickly and utilize new tools for data exploration and analysis
Job ID 00020949
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top