Marketing Data and Analytics Thought Leader, Gartner Research
Gartner is seeking an analyst to provide research and advice for marketing leaders in the areas of marketing data and analytics.
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in marketing data and analytics
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver high quality actionable advice in person, via teleconference, video conference and event presentations.
- Help advance clients’ data-driven marketing maturity for building marketing analytics roadmaps, creating a business case for data and analytics, selecting providers and deploying solutions
- Help client use data to improve their personalization and targeting of marketing messaging
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in data-driven marketing, personalization and audience building
- Experience defining marketing metrics and reporting performance in scorecards or dashboards
- Experience measuring marketing/media campaigns and overall marketing effectiveness using attribution and/or marketing mix modelling
- Understanding of the business needs driving investments in marketing data and personalization technology. Knowledge of the competitive vendor landscape, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Knowledge of data collection and tagging best practices, second- and third-party data, segmentation, customer data modelling, audience building and targeting
- Knowledge of data management and integration technologies, web and mobile analytics technologies and customer journey analytics tools.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a marketing role
- Bachelors or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job ID 00020285
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top