Marketing Communications Director
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com .
About this role:
Creative Center of Excellence Account Teams service a set of Gartner's business units. Marketing Communications Directors are the single points of contact for Account Teams. Their primary focus is to be intimately familiar with Gartner end-user mission-critical objectives for each business unit they support, and fold that insight into dynamic digital-marketing strategies. Truly the “head of the spear” when engaging any client across the business the Marketing Communications Directors assimilate client needs and audience behaviors making them indispensable to their clients.
Marketing Communications Directors are curious, energetic and driven digital marketing experts. “Big” thinkers who leverage extensive marketing experience to develop strategic project plans for integrated marketing solutions that include social media, web design, persona-based marketing, direct marketing, PPT presentations or a combination of them all.
What you’ll do:
- Lead projects with multiple components that typically evolve in scope over time and often require large communication plans/multiple deliverables
- Forecast client needs and offer a game plan (ideas, tactics, technology) that supports their business objectives
- Work very closely with creative team (designers, writers, editors and multimedia) to make sure strategic and tactical parts of larger projects are aligned, completed on time and meet the new level of quality.
- Utilize process workflow program and tiering strategy to monitor status of C and D projects for your clients
- Partner with client and product teams to improve product marketing strategies and tactics to meet client needs and achieve business objectives. Use marketing experience to find the right balance between clients’ needs and wants
- Source and analyze data that supports client needs. Realize the significance of it. Know how and when to use it
- Utilize best practices and share ideas with clients, team and partners
- Develop original content for marketing communications when necessary
- Build cases for necessary expenditures (personnel, technology, process) to support client needs and present them to your manager, Marketing Communications Senior Director
What you’ll need:
- Four-year degree in marketing or communications or other business-related field from an accredited college or university
- Required: 8+ years experience spearheading integrated marketing campaigns (Web, automated email, social media, direct mail, collateral, PPT)
- Required: 5+ years of digital marketing experience
- Experience with persona-based marketing
- Sales, events and/or information technology experience
- Eloqua experience
- Events marketing
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Experience writing compelling marketing content, creative briefs and presentations
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- “We” not “Me” attitude
Who you are:
- A branding and digital-marketing expert
- Strategy is your passion and chief strength. Majority of your time dedicated to producing project plans for your clients, although you are responsible for overarching client satisfaction
- As strong managing people as you are at managing projects
- You have a brand-first mentality. Brand consistency across all communications is a chief priority in everything you produce
- Influential - gathering cross-functional teams and teammates to solve problems comes naturally to you
- Equally successful working independently and collaboratively
- Team thought leader who shares best practices to drive efficiencies within teams
- You use data to inform decision-making
- You are accountable for the quality and brand consistency of all marketing solutions generated by your account team.
- You take pride in what you do and deliver on-target, polished, customer-centric solutions that meet the business objectives of your clients.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top