Market Research Specialist, Primary Research, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Research Data Analytics (RDA) provides high quality primary research management and analytical advice. The Market Research Specialist will fulfill analysis service requests by investigating end-user review data to address client business questions, deliver actionable results (including summary, visual presentation, and data story), and drive appropriate data utilization for client inquiry and Gartner’s research content.
We are seeking candidates who are motivated by data-based ideas that help clients solve critical business challenges and have an interest in how technologies continuously transform business and market environments. To that end, we are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills.
What you will do:
- Responsible for timely and accurate analysis of end-user data using standard protocols, templates and processes to support content experts and client delivery teams in answering client business questions as well as supporting business growth.
- Tell the data story through interpretation and data visualization that clearly conveys key takeaways using PowerPoint or other data visualization tools.
- Collaborate with globally distributed content experts to analyze, identify and deliver key findings for written research, client engagements and event presentations.
- Support written research attributed to study findings. Provide peer review to ensure accurate data usage, interpretation and easily digestible data visualizations.
- Contribute to Primary Research team evolution and strategy through self-development and collaboration with peers.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s equivalent required in business studies, statistics, economics, psychology, social sciences, or mathematics
- At least 2 to 4 years of demonstrated experience in analysis and reporting of business or consumer primary research projects; preferably in a market research agency, in a planning capacity for an end-user or consultancy organization.
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication style; proficient in stakeholder management
- Ability to manage multiple projects, sensitive to timelines and meets deadlines
- Self-motivator and problem solver
- Team player and a good sense of diplomacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills for data exploration/visualization Experience in advanced analytical techniques, using tools like SPSS, R, and Power BI is an advantage.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous performance-based rewards
- Opportunities to strengthen market research expertise
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has 8,300 associates, including over 1,800 research analysts and consultants, and clients in more than 90 countries.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:37084
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top