Managing VP, Research Business Analytics, Research Director
The Managing Vice President of the Research Business Analytics is responsible for leading and developing a growing global team of high-performing business data analysts, data scientists, modelers and forecasters who arm executives and managers with the strategic and operational insights necessary to manage and advance a high-growth business.
- Leading, motivating, developing and coaching team managers and senior level individual contributors. Expanding and continuously improving the team’s influence and impact with executives and senior leaders.
- Providing thought leadership and strategic vision to drive the creation and implementation of innovative, long-term, global solutions that meet strategic business unit and corporate goals and expand and improve Research and Advisory functions and services.
- Partnering with Research management to strategize, analyze and take decisions of significant business and financial impact to the Research and Advisory organization and the overall Gartner business.
- Providing business expertise, strategic vision, innovation, line and business management and thought leadership to drive continuous improvements in the value Research and Advisory Strategy and Research Business Analytics deliver to the business.
- Serving as an active member of the Research and Advisory Strategy Leadership Team, working with Research senior management to devise appropriate solutions to business-critical needs and problems.
- Providing leadership, business guidance and coaching within a global function, making informed decisions and having autonomy, along with ultimate responsibility, to ensure deliverables. Managing all aspects of Research Business Analytics inclusive of resources, budget & deliverables.
- Prioritizing multiple competing time demands, balancing workload across the team, managing a high performance culture, and building breadth-and-depth as the team expands to support increasing business demands.
- Driving complex projects aligned to high priority business objectives, and working closely with partners across the business including IT, Finance, HR, Product Management, Events and Sales.
- Partnering with IT to drive a complex portfolio of CAPEX and integration initiatives within the Business Intelligence domain. Providing the strategic vision for the portfolio and all its components and driving execution against that vision.
- Delivering key capabilities through reporting and analytics, dashboards, self-serve analytics tools and the successful execution of complex projects while driving continuous improvement in the business analytic capabilities across Research & Advisory leadership and Gartner as a whole.
- Driving the strategic evolution of current analytic capabilities while further expanding advanced analytic, data visualization and machine learning capabilities.
15+ years progressive business experience, preferably in a strategy, analytics or business consulting role, including 5+ years building and leading teams responsible for strategic analytics, executive reporting and the development and deployment of dashboards and self-serve analytic tools.
- Results-oriented leader with excellent business vision and strategic thinking and a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and successfully drawing the larger business story out of facts and data.
- Strong knowledge of general business practices with a proven ability to establish trusted business relationships across business units, gain consensus and drive action from a large, diverse global set of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams in a fast-paced environment and to inspire rapid adoption of change in a complex matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams. Ability to prioritize & handle multiple requests concurrently and consistently deliver superior results in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations. Excellent verbal & written communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and analyses in an accessible and compelling way.
- In-depth knowledge of data governance and statistical principles and their application to data analysis, advanced analytics, modeling and forecasting. Familiarity with relational databases and SQL coupled with facility with programming languages, statistical packages and BI toolsets.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s and/or Doctoral degree strongly preferred. Degrees with a concentration in statistics, data science, operational research, finance or economics preferred .
Job ID 00019955
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top