Managing Vice President, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Our research and advice is considered definitive, thought-provoking, event-driven and transformational by thousands of leading organizations worldwide. We have more than 2000 research and advisory experts intently focused on every conceivable aspect of business and information technology. Because of our breadth, depth and geographic coverage, we have considerably more to offer to investors, business and technology decision-makers.
Gartner Research & Advisory is growing its global Center of Excellence for new research talent building upon the teams currently located in Fort Myers,Florida and in Gurgaon, India; with plans to adding new locations. Each team co-locates new emerging talent to begin a fantastic career path opportunity with Gartner. As the leader of this Center of Excellence, the ideal candidate will be experienced at developing new programs, recruiting talent and coaching team managers and new associates.
What you will be doing:
- Evolve the Research & Advisory New Talent Center of Excellence as it strategically expands to new locations, and broadens to foster the recruiting and onboarding of additional research roles.
- Lead a group of team managers who each manages 8-12 individual contributors, and are responsible for rapidly advancing their competencies and capabilities so that they are on-track to transition into aligned Research practice teams within 2-4 years.
- Develop an integrated strategy for new talent acquisition. In collaboration with partners in Human Resources and with Research Managers across Gartner practices, direct the recruiting efforts to hire new associates into the Center of Excellence, thereby building a pipeline of future talent for the business.
- Design,develop, implement and continuously improve globally consistent approaches for accelerating the onboarding and development of individual contributors.
- Expand the breadth of established Gartner research methodologies which are taught and developed in the Center of Excellence.
- Ensure that the Center of Excellence follows Gartner processes, adheres to research methodology guidelines, and adopts changes as they are introduced.
- Manage performance, drive high performance culture and oversee and manage remuneration.
- Oversee budget to ensure expenses remain within or below budget.
- 10 plus years business experience, preferably in a knowledge-based, people-intensive industry.
- Direct experience leading or contributing to new hire or learning and development programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategy and design of new programs and processes, and proven track record of leading change.
- 3 plus years experience leading groups, and being a successful manager of managers.
- Bachelor's degree; Masters preferred - and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience.
- Polished skills in communication, leadership,planning, motivation, and coaching.
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
- Demonstrates high level of influence, negotiation& facilitation skills.Collaboration and consensus building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- High intercultural awareness.
Location: Ft Myers Florida or Arlington, VA
Job Requisition ID:G19906
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G19906
Back to top