Managing Partner, IT Strategy, Public Sector West
- San Diego, CA
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base. We are looking to grow and extend our State & Local Government practice in the Western US and are looking for a partner-level associate with a proven track record in the public sector.
What we do
Our Public Sector practice assists State and Local governments in defining transformational agendas aligned with the trends in government and implementing cutting-edge Information Technology strategies that strengthen our clients. Our clients are focusing on improving access, outcomes, costs, accountability and quality of their programs and services. We engage our clients – some of the largest State and local governments in the West – on a deeper level through experience-based hands-on, project work grounded in our Research and Advisory organization. Through these strategic engagements, we help our clients achieve their business priorities enabled through wise IT investments and improved IT performance.
We deliver value to our public sector clients across the full continuum of government programs by helping them execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration / Transformation and Enterprise Enablement
- Enterprise Systems Modernization Assessment, Planning and Roadmap, including –
- Enterprise Integration Platform
- Application Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Business Capability Modeling and Requirements Development
- Enterprise Architecture Planning and Roadmap
- Readiness Assessments and Federal Planning Documents
- Strategic Planning
- Maintenance and Operations
- Forensic Assessments of troubled or failed projects
- Business Intelligence and Shared Analytics
- Capabilities Maturity Assessment
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What we do
Our Managing Partners are responsible for sustaining and growing Gartner Consulting’s relationship with a defined portfolio of Gartner clients. As a Managing Partner for Public Sector you will advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters - showcasing how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. Our Managing Partners collaborate with Expert Partners and others to bring the best solutions to our clients.
What you’ll need
- Direct experience and deep understanding of state and local government programs and national IT trends
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in both a project delivery and business development capacity
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Experience working with multiple IT solutions
- Experience working with public sector entities
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when/ if needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA, MPA or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are
- Experienced public sector professional comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior government executives leading to sales, and long term clients
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Proven track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets
Job Requisition ID:38337
Job Requisition ID:38337
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top