Managing Partner, IT Strategy Consulting, Spain.
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, Gartner Strategy Consulting help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the EMEA Consulting practice is growing its leadership presence in Spain.
The Managing Partner in Spain will be responsible for a portfolio of accounts that will consist of multinational, global or large-scale organisations within their specialist industry sector (FSI plus ideally 1 other).
As a Managing Partner you’ll advise clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Your main goal is to develop compelling proposals and corresponding business plans that marry Gartner’s key insights to clients’ critical business objectives and help them:
- Achieve business critical objectives
- Develop best of breed Transformation strategies
- Reach their organisations’ strategic goals
- Reporting to the Iberia Regional Lead, you’ll be in charge of driving sales, relationship equity and margin in Gartner Consulting key accounts. You’ll use all your skills — to sell, strategize, and oversee the high quality delivery of Gartner Consulting solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Articulate to clients (CIOs, CTOs, CEOs, CMOs, CDOs and other business leaders) the breadth and depth of Gartner Consulting Solutions
- Drive strategic deals in key accounts with repeatable potential
- Lead pursuit development efforts
- Build accounts over time by shifting from transactions toward a business stream driven by growing client relationship and trusted advisor status
- Strengthen current solutions and develop new solutions based on account and territory strategy as well as demand
- Execute account planning
- Deliver complex projects for multiple accounts
- Oversee and coach to deliver projects on time, on budget with minimal risk
- Manage engagements at or above Gross Margin target
- Promote Gartner solutions and brand to generate greatest client value in accordance with regional, EMEA and global strategies
- Strong understanding of the Financial Services sector (particularly Retail Banking; Wealth and Asset Management; Insurance) and the current trends affecting the industry in Iberia. Specialism within another industry sector (particularly manufacturing or high tech/telco) would be useful.
- Ability to understand the agendas of the C-Suite, particularly the CIO
- Proven ability to shapes, sell and lead delivery of complex, strategic IT advisory engagements
- Track record of meeting consulting sales objectives for at least 3 years (including sales target, win rate and deal size)
- Experience selling and leading IT strategy engagements at a top tier consulting firm
- Experience with using research to provide client value
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
- Mentoring skills to nurture future client developers and delivery consultants
- International experience
Job ID 00019666
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top