Manager, Software Engineering- ML
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role
As a part of Gartner’s global Machine Learning research and development team, lead the local growing team of machine learning engineers in Bangalore, participate in various automated unstructured data processing activities in their different stages: from data discovery/generation and feature engineering to statistical model building and prototype design as well as implementation into efficient API.
What you’ll do:
- Assume the team leadership duties: monitor the progress of team members, ensure that deadlines are met, distribute tasks among team members by keeping the right balance between “want to do” and “must be done”, and proactively report to the higher manager any blockers.
- Apply statistics, machine learning, programming, and data modeling techniques to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Work with engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
What you’ll need:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Computational Biology, Statistics or Applied Math;
- 6+ years of total programming experience;
- 2+ years on a team leadership/management position;
- Ability to write production-quality object-oriented code in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala or C#;
- An open mind; desire to learn the best language/technology to solve a given problem;
- Keen interest to and good understanding of machine learning theory and practice;
- Knowledge of core computer science concepts such as: data structures and algorithms, code profiling/optimization.
- Ease with Linux;
- Good English;
- “Hacker” attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges;
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work;
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness and generosity.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company. Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyses and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:30018
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top