Manager, Software Engineering
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
- Designing, implementing, unit, integration testing and supporting modules developed using Java EE/Spring, React, PL/SQL, and web services.
- Lead the review and analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications
- Lead and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Prepare and provide adequate (quality and quantity) documentation for work products.
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve business process issues and identify business process improvement opportunities
- Responsibility for resolving all issued assigned in a timely manner
- Ownership for development of application architecture and delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Ensure that all applications conform to system and programming standards and are appropriately documented
- Perform support and maintenance tasks to address production issues reported by clients
- Manage formal and informal project communication amongst team and with other project participants using methods appropriate to audience and type of communication
- Evaluate developers following project completion identifying strengths and areas for development via a formal, written performance appraisal
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the field of software development.
- 6 – 8 years of experience in software development.
- React, Bootstrap, CSS 3.0 experience is required
- In-depth knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Knowledge of Amazon Cloud Services is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise search platforms such as Apache Solr or Elasticearch is a plus
- Knowledge of tracking, monitoring, and logging systems (Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog) is a plus
- People management experience is a plus
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- A proven track record of experience in leading the design and deployment of large-scale solutions.
- Excellent software development and object-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in architecting software applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams
Job Requisition ID:39565
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top