Manager, Software Engineer
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The purpose of this role is to innovate, develop, configure, and support Financial systems and services for Gartner’s Order to Cash business processes based on the strategic vision to rearchitect systems throughout the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and integrate innovative web interfaces that enable users/applications to explore, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data
- Evaluate new technologies and tactics to help identify enhancements and innovation
- Develop and maintain requirements, system documentation including technical specifications, and application components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on architecture and technical design discussions
- Perform and participate in code reviews, peer inspections and technical design/specifications
- Mentor team, provide continuous feedback, and establish and promote best engineering practices including peer review, automating unit level and integration level testing
- Act as a technical advisor with business stakeholders to identify issues/enhancements
What you’ll need:
- 5-10 years of development experience
- 2-3 years managing development teams
- Bachelor degree related to Computer Science/Master Data Management preferred
- Must have experience working with and developing JAVA applications and integration technologies such as SOAP/REST services
- Strong data modeling experience for relational databases (Oracle, RDS) and solid SQL skills
- Knowledge of security tools and protocols (OAuth, Ping, LDAP/AD) is a plus
- Experience with AWS, Docker and Terraform preferred
- Strong knowledge and implementation experience with version control tools (Git, Subversion)
- Experience in Agile development, examples following SCRUM methodology a plus
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:40128
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top