Manager, Service Operations
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Manager, Business Insights and Analytics
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development – as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
In Gartner’s Services business insights and advanced analytics team, we innovate the way the service teams help clients receive value enabling smarter decision making by technology leaders who are our clients. This role would entail leading a team working through large volumes of data to proactively uncover new ideas, opportunities and strategies on the way we engage clients leading to higher client retention. You will also have opportunities to work on several business initiatives and be empowered to lead problem solving leading to continuous improvement. You will work directly with senior stakeholders and be the natural extension to their analytical horsepower. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a high-impact analytics team providing a mixed exposure around problem solving, stakeholder management, leadership and people development thereby delivering exceptional business impact defined in terms of client retention and service team productivity.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of around 5-15 people; Be an effective leader, train and coach new hires who would specialize in business and advanced analytics projects; drive team building and recruiting activities
- Work with senior stakeholders closely to deliver data driven decision making for the business
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all analytics related to service organizations covering both strategic and tactical aspects
- Drive innovation to come up with new analytics providing new business ideas and strategies
- The analyses will span across descriptive, prescriptive as well as advanced analytics covering machine learning and advanced statistical concepts like multi-variate analysis, decision trees, random forest etc.
- Provide intelligence to track progress on several improvement initiatives being run in the organization. Own the success of such initiatives through deep-dives, pilots and large-scale roll outs
- Develop processes to effectively deliver multiple requests and demonstrate measurable business impact thereof
- Conduct both directed and proactive analysis on various aspects of the business units supported to help improve client retention, service productivity leveraging both leading and lagging indicators
- Define performance measurement parameters for the analytics team driving multiple ongoing analyses
What you’ll need:
- Graduation in Engineering, Maths or Statistics from Tier 1 institutes like IIT + MBA from IIMs.
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams involved in business analytics, reporting and data science.
- Project management experience- project based on analytics or data driven strategy
- Strong Microsoft Office expertise – Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following – R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, MS-Access, Power BI
- Deep analytical thinker with experience in deriving business insights from data analytics
- Detail-oriented with high personal standard for quality and accuracy along with a strategic mindset to interpret and bring out the ‘so what’ from data
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; Be a self-starter who can anticipate business needs and fulfill on them in a proactive manner
- Exposure to Lean, Six sigma, process improvement projects would be an added advantage
- Experience, maturity and ability to prioritize and manage workload in order to meet deadlines; proficient in multitasking; Experience working in an international environment calendaring amongst different WW time zones
Who you are:
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You love solving business problems leveraging data and analytics
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as a consultant to the business teams
- You want to grow deep into business analytics and data science field as a long-term career while still develop necessary business acumen
- You are passionate about data science as a field and are excited to develop highly intellectual talent through coaching
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- A great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:36974
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top