Manager, HRIS- Talent Acquisition Technology
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner HR a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic team and play a key role in our company’s continued double-digit growth. We’re a people business. From talent acquisition and management to compensation, benefits, analytics and operations, finding and keeping the right people is the core of our strategy for success. You’ll work alongside smart, creative, motivated colleagues and have unlimited opportunities to grow. If you love working with people and making the connection between great talent and company success, we want to connect with you.
Gartner has an aggressive growth trajectory fueled by our critical Recruiting function. Our technologies must keep pace with the growth and evolution of the business, ensuring our systems of record enable operational excellence and efficiency.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated Manager level resource to lead our Talent Acquisition stack of enabling technologies. The HRIS Manager provides active thought leadership with respect to best-in-class technologies and capabilities. They collaborate with the business to evolve our products and innovate advancements that can benefit the business. This role sits at the intersection of business and technology. The HRIS Manager builds and maintains the relationship with our Business Process owners, consulting and guiding the business with respect to technology possibilities and limitations, including upstream and downstream implications.
The HRIS Manager provides operational leadership and excellence in execution. This role sits within the HRIS organization and requires a leader with a strong customer orientation, deep understanding of recruiting processes and expert technical knowledge of Workday Recruiting and Avature Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) solutions. This role acts as the Product Owner for these technologies, and the manager for resources assigned to support these technologies. The Manager must provide line of sight into HRIS team work, estimate the delivery of issues fixes and product enhancements and manage the team to these deadlines while providing strong communication to the business. The manager must also prove strong vendor management skills, ensuring our partnerships with technology vendors and system integrators delivers on the quality and timelines necessary to effectively support the business.
What you will do in this role:
- Manage and evolve the Talent Acquisition technology portfolio and roadmap in partnership with our Recruiting Operations team and Recruiting leadership
- Manage relationships and meetings with key business partners to ensure visibility and partnerships for issue resolution and enhancements
- Manage the Workday and Avature capabilities within our HRIS team, developing and motivating staff within the function
- Own and execute on system administration for Avature Candidate and Event Management & Workday Recruiting, including configuration, business processes, security & compliance, notifications, auditing and data quality management
- Manage capability specific vendor led releases, including the management, configuration and development of new features, as well as creation and execution of regression test plans
- Drive operational excellence in our existing systems of record, continuously evolving processes, managing the Adoption Roadmap, ensuring the priority resolution of issues and application of project management principles for longer term initiatives
- Manage bug/issue resolution processes: root cause analysis, impact analysis and driving solution design
- Manage system enhancements: feature design, implementation, testing, and deploying enhancements
- Support Reporting team for the definition and testing of report & dashboard needs of the organization including requirements, design, build, test and delivery, as well as the creation of calculated fields where necessary
- Manage processes associated with mass data loads
- Evaluate adherence to external and internal compliance policies and procedures via HRIS systems and processes, including the liaison with key contacts to understand changes in regulatory environment
- Execute and lead quality assurance efforts to ensure the accuracy of data and information
- Participate in and lead requirements gathering sessions with functional subject matter experts, IT and users
- Support team in handling end users inbound request including the development of knowledge management collateral to support training and education efforts
- Lead vendor management efforts relative to Workday Recruiting, Avature and supporting ‘lean-on’ resources
- Remain apprised of evolution of the Avature & Workday product as it pertains to the Gartner operating environment to further improve value of HRIS
- Support Recruiting Operations in change management efforts relative to the digital transformation and technology improvements
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience leading HR technology operational teams
- 3+ years’ Workday experience
- Workday Recruiting and Avature experience are highly preferred
- Familiarity with SOX, GDPR, federal contractor / EEO, privacy and data security requirements, tools and methods
- Experience developing reports, dashboards and calculated fields in Workday required
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong service orientation with a high sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
- Strong work ethic and motivated to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- A ‘systems’ thinker with a process orientation and significant attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- High level of executive presence
- Change management experience
Job Requisition ID:40465
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top