Manager, HR Command Center
What makes Gartner HR a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll join a fast-paced, dynamic team and play a key role in our company’s continued double-digit growth. We’re a people business. From talent acquisition and management to compensation, benefits, analytics and operations, finding and keeping the right people is the core of our strategy for success. You’ll work alongside smart, creative, motivated colleagues and have unlimited opportunities to grow. If you love working with people and making the connection between great talent and company success, we want to connect with you.
The Manager, HR Command Center is responsible for oversight, direction, and coordination of the HR Command Center (“HRCC”), supporting HR related inquiries from associates, managers, HR organization members, etc. Inquiries can range from HRIS system related questions (primarily Workday) and support requests, to questions about company policy, benefit programs, associate experience, and HR process and procedure. The HRCC partners with an extended network of subject matter experts for issue escalation and resolution, ensuring all inquiries are addressed. The Manager will leverage technology to ensure HRCC operational efficiency and administrative excellence, and inform decisions about team’s resourcing and training. Longer term, Manager will support further development of the HRCC into a global “HR shared service center” enabled for worldwide coverage and scale as Gartner continues to grow.
HR Command Center Operations & Management:
- Understands the linkage between HR strategy and HR Command Center’s goals and models the “change champion” role for team and all partners. Is able to clearly and positively articulate the benefits of new or revised HR processes for associates and managers.
- Provides day-to-day management, guidance and direction to a small HRCC team. Must be able to motivate, lead and coach others (both direct and indirect).
- Ensures adherence to all HRCC processes and procedures, and proper inquiry handling to maximize workflow and productivity. Ensures standards of customer service are met.
- Builds and maintains strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships for effective daily partnership with HR COE’s, Business Process Owners across HR, HRIS, IT, Finance, Payroll, etc.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Desktop Procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the HR Command Center. Ensures individual and team SLA’s are met or exceeded.
- Manages issue escalations. Provides guidance and handles escalated issues directly, as appropriate.
- Ensures complex employee, manager or business scenarios are analyzed and effective processing steps taken to ensure resolution within HR process guidelines.
- Effectively uses case management and knowledgebase tools to resolve, track and escalate all inquiries.
- Resourceful HR knowledge source regarding company policy, and navigating HR processes & procedures. Leverages stakeholder relationships to stay informed and up to speed on compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Demonstrates and maintains deep proficiency in multiple HR process areas.
Training & Communications:
- Provides training in needed subject areas to HRCC team to ensure team is knowledgeable and can respond or escalate associate inquiries effectively.
- Leveraging inquiry trends, identifies opportunities for training or communications to raise awareness/educate or promote process adoption among broader associate population and/or HR on policies, processes, technology, etc.
- Partners with appropriate stakeholders on developing and delivering training and communications.
- Supports distribution of targeted communications and updates from the HRCC in partnership with relevant HR COE’s or Business Process Owners.
Reporting & Process Improvement:
- Oversees the design of HRCC metrics and reporting within Service Now platform and completes all required report analysis and distribution.
- Actively monitors and uses metrics and trends to determine where process improvement opportunities exist.
- Makes improvement suggestions based on workload management, analyzing HRCC trends, or to comply with regulatory and/or policy changes.
- Identifies ways to improve/reduce inquiry volume by creating self-serve knowledge management materials, proposing user communications or improvements to user guides and training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or a related field.
- 8+ years total experience.
- 5+ years prior experience in a service center environment.
- 3+ years prior experience leading teams (direct or project-based).
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.) – Workday and Service Now experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven collaboration and stakeholder management capabilities.
- Sound judgment; ability to solve problems and make recommendations to remediate issues.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Strong analytical abilities and demonstrated ability to run reports, and interpret/analyze data outputs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to quickly learn new software products. G Suite experience a plus.
Job Requisition ID:35365
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top