Manager, Corporate Security Role
- Staines, United Kingdom
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The candidate will have demonstrated subject matter expertise across a variety of corporate security functions, including but not limited to special events. He or she will be familiar with the collection, analysis, and contextualisation of intelligence and the development of written products appropriate for a senior corporate audience, and demonstrate the ability to leverage multiple sources to deliver “all-hazards” risk analysis. The candidate will provide direct intelligence and security planning support to Gartner’s Conferences business, supporting Gartner’s evolution to a risk-based, intelligence-driven, and proactive events security program. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to seamlessly move across corporate security functions (i.e. travel security, physical security, executive protection, internal investigations, etc.) and meaningfully contribute to program building and risk reduction.
The candidate will report to Gartner’s Vice President of Global Security & Safety
- Leverage tradecraft best practices, open source information, social media, and proprietary Gartner data sources to deliver high-value counsel to the leadership of Gartner’s Conferences team
- Actively support the conferences planning process upstream, by providing timely, relevant risk analysis of potential locations and venues
- Immediately prior to major events, deliver all-hazards threat analysis to senior members of the events team
- Serve as the primary point of contact for daily interaction between Gartner and Gartner’s third-party event security management vendors
- During major events, support on-the-ground crisis response activities by delivering actionable threat intelligence to decision-makers in real time
- Upon request, provide the Gartner events team with informed analysis on countries and/or topics of interest
- On a limited basis, serve as the on-the-ground security subject matter expert (SME) at major Gartner conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Security, Political Science, or other relevant field desired; Masters or other terminal degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience, preferably in relevant U.S. Government agencies, military organizations, and/or private sector corporate security organizations or consulting firms
- Deep familiarity with intelligence analysis best practices, including requirements development, data aggregation and synthesis, and application
- Familiarity with the operational aspects and risk implications of large-scale, global event planning
- Candidates should be able to articulate how they will apply skills learned in previous roles to complex client issues in the commercial security sector
- Collaborative, team player who has a proven ability to identify and define objectives while managing resources within a budget plan
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation and communications skills and ability to speak to senior audiences with subject matter mastery
- The candidate should have the ability to travel up to 30% and have a current U.S. or U.K. passport
- The candidate may be required to work evening or weekend hours in the event of a crisis
- Active U.S. Government Security Clearance desired
Job Requisition ID:38140
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top