Leadership Partner Supply Chain, Multiple Industries - Flexible U.S. Location
Gartner Leadership Partners serve as principle delivery agents to our clients. Our clients are Supply Chain executives from Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who report directly to the CSCO.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• The role of the Leadership Partner is to 1) Act as a trusted advisor, coaching and critiquing strategies, guiding clients in building their organizations, assisting them in developing Supply Chain strategy, and establishing priorities and planning for implementation around key Supply Chain initiatives. 2) Gather, contextualize, coordinate and deliver Gartner written research and personalized analyst inquiry. 3) Encourage and promote peer-to-peer and company-to-company networking at both Gartner sponsored events and within the membership community. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
• The Leadership Partner manages approximately 25 – 30 client relationships and supports account planning in collaboration with Leadership Client Managers, and the respective Gartner Account Executive. These three individuals collectively have responsibility for each assigned account.
The Leadership Partner participates in all phases of the client lifecycle:
• Pre-sale, On-boarding, Relationship Management, Full Delivery, Review and Renew.
• Success is defined by a smooth hand-off from the sales team, consistent member engagement, creation of complete member profiles, accurate identification of the member's agenda, development of an engagement plan, successful quarterly member satisfaction reviews and preparation/delivery of value added on-site engagements and member meetings.
Sales & Marketing Support:
• The Leadership Partner is responsible for client retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner sales in account planning and value demonstration activities.
• The Leadership Partner is responsible for hosting and/or participating in periodic member events including workshops, roundtables, special interest groups (SIGs), and webinars, in collaboration with Gartner Research and Events staff.
• The Leadership Partner supports research activities such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels.
• Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall ESCL strategy and ESCL product deliverables.
• Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the member by meeting at regularly scheduled, formal monthly cadence calls.
• Ensure members are receiving and perceiving value through contextualized research delivery and regular and full use of analyst inquiries.
• Encourage and facilitate participation in peer networking events.
• Support member strategy building by coordinating and facilitating an annual ½ day workshop.
• Ensuring value delivery by providing tangible assistance and evidence in achieving progress on 2-3 identified key initiatives at a time.
• Serve as a valued member of the clients extended Supply Chain Team who is always contacted to review/advise on key strategic initiatives prior to advancing to senior leadership.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.
• Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer forums on topics of relevance to the community.
• Deliver monthly “Special Interest Groups” (SIGs) to community members on topics of relevance; including both analysts and peer experts.
Content Development & Management:
• Represent Gartner publicly as a respected content expert.
• Participate in presentations, panels and workshops.
• Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts.
• Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Enterprise Supply Chain Leaders (ESCL) community portal and assisted member connections.
• Facilitate and participate in local events and round tables.
Other Industries - Transportation, Media & Entertainment, High Tech
Consulting experience a plus
U.S. Location: Work At Home
Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred
20 years’ experience preferred working in a senior Supply Chain management role; experience should include combination of practical experience and consulting in Supply Chain
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of Sr. Supply Chain leadership
- In depth understanding of the business value of Supply Chain and the alignment of business and Supply Chain strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice along with access to appropriate Gartner services
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with Senior Supply Chain management
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Callaboration and team leadership experience
- Demonstrated sales and/or business development experience focused on Sr. Supply Chain management
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to work as an individual contributor with limited administrative support
- Commercial Sales Experience a plus
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top