Leadership Partner - Security & Risk (UK)
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner leadership partners serve as trusted advisors to clients in Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who are typically direct reports of the CIO.
The role of the leadership partner is to coach and critique client strategies, guide them in building their organizations, and assist them in developing IT strategy and establishing priorities and planning for implementation around key IT initiatives. Clients are able to achieve goals quickly,
- Manage 25-30 member SRM relationships, supporting Senior Security leaders and CISOs with their most critical priorities by leveraging Gartner Assets
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized engagement plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key SRM initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal, and participates in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research)
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years experience with at least 5+ years of that working in a senior Security & Risk IT management role e.g. CISO, VP Information Security etc. or with 10+ years in other IT area (e.g. Consulting, IT Supplier, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of Sr. IT leadership in: Security and Risk
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Job Requisition ID:32802
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top