Leadership Partner- Security and Risk Management
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
JOB DESCRIPTION- Leadership PartnerIT Executive Advisor
Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Our clients are IT executives from Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who report directly to the CIO.
The role of the Security and Risk Management (SRM) Leadership Partner is to partner with their client and support the client s key initiatives and the organization s priorities. The SRM Leadership Partner does this by understanding the priorities, assisting with those priorities by providing personal experience, Gartner research, suggesting Gartner analysts, and bringing clients together with peers who have experience with their issues. Samples of SRM initiatives include security strategies and roadmaps, metrics and measurements, MSSP and SOC decisions, frameworks, vendor selections, leadership techniques, Board of Director reporting, and much more. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
- Manage at least 25 - 30 multi-faceted relationships with Gartner's largest, most sophisticated clients.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc.)
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for Enterprise IT Leaders/EITL members and multi-member accounts utilizing all End User Program/EUP products.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EITL strategy and EITL product deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at client location in support of client key initiatives.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to develop synthesized answers to members in response to inquiries.
- Foster collaborative relationship w/ research and other key Gartner contacts.
- Contribute to the continuing development of EITL programs through field experience and member interactions.
- Accountable (with Executive Client Manager/ECM, Account Executive/AE and CRO) for member satisfaction and renewal of EITL business.
- Drive business development, along with AEs, with existing and prospective clients across the continent.
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Represents Gartner/EUP/Enterprise IT Leaders publicly as a respected content expert
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts
- Maintain topic hierarchy and organization of program related content on EITL peer community portal.
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EITL community portal and assisted member connections
The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading security programs and/or practice areas as a Chief Information Security Officer, Security Practice Group leader or other equivalent role. The candidate also will have experience collaborating and working effectively with CIOs, CEOs, CFOs and other senior business leaders to build and mature security programs. Experience presenting to and working with senior executive leadership and Boards of Directors is also important.
- Experience and expertise with modern information security programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational strategy and risk
- Developing security strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building security teams and capabilities
- Implementing key security solutions including SIEM, Identity & Access Management, threat and vulnerability management, forensics, endpoint security, network security, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to support security programs
- Creating security metrics and reporting mechanisms
- University graduate (Masterspreferred) with a 10+ years experience working in a senior IT managementrole for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other IT area (e.g. Consulting, ITSupplier, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of theIT industry and the role of Sr. IT leadership. Experience with strategy development, organizationdesign, and initiative management, application of metrics andunderstanding of major industry trends.
- In depth understanding of thebusiness value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problemsolving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome basedbusiness/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources tosupport achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolvedability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skillsincluding experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written,facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching andmentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and teamleadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/orbusiness development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Strong time and projectmanagement skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
THIS IS A WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY
Job Requisition ID:G7131
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G7131
Back to top