Leadership Partner - Infrastructure and Operations
Leadership Partner- Infrastructure and Operations
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of fortune 500 clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 20-25 member relationships, and participates in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had primary focus in an executive Infrastructure & Operations role within a Fortune 500 company with commensurate responsibilities and span of control. Additionally, candidates would also have experience in executive level roles within consulting, sales or customer facing positions. Candidates should have strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing experience and expertise with modern Infrastructure & Operations key initiatives and methods, including:
- Security & Risk – I&O focused.
- Agility / DevOps/ Bimodal - In a future driven by rapid technology innovation for digital business, adoption of bimodal IT strategies is imperative to accelerate digital competitiveness.
- IT and I&O Strategy and governance - IT and I&O strategies must meet business needs and enable the business to grow and transform. IT governance is about assigning decision rights and creating an accountability framework that encourages desirable behavior in the use of IT.
- Cost Optimization - Cost optimization in the age of digital business means organizations must use a mix of IT and business cost optimization for increased business performance, while preparing for digital futures.
- IT Operations Maturity & Process Improvement - Example, implementing ITIL, Service Management principles or applying COBIT to increase operations efficiency and maturity.
- I&O Organization Design – Understanding the impact of processes, culture and technologies within I&O and IT. What skills are necessary to transform an I&O organization to meet future demands?
- Demonstrating Business value of I&O - Communicate the value of I&O in terms that the business understands, while adequately managing internal processes and technology performance. What IT metrics does the business need to know to make better decisions? What reporting is required to demonstrate the value?
- Cloud Computing – All aspects and especially, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - where infrastructure is delivered as cloud services Cloud is a style of computing where scalable and elastic IT-related capabilities are provided as a service to external customers using Internet technologies. Also, ability to review client Cloud Computing strategies and provide valuable feedback.
- Mobile & Endpoint Technologies - Mobile and endpoint computing continues on a path of accelerated change, which is driving a transformation in how organizations operate and compete, and forcing IT mobile and endpoint computing leaders to re-architect their entire strategy from the ground up.
- Unified Communications and Collaboration - Unified communications and collaboration is the integration of real-time communication services with non-real-time communication services and social media.
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate(Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a Director or in a Senior management role in an IT capacity
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry holding the role of Sr. IT leadership in IT Infrastructure & Operations Management
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Job ID 00013134
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top