Leadership Partner - Federal IT Applications and Program & Portfolio Management
Leadership Partner- Federal Applications and PPM
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of fortune 500 clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 20-25 member relationships, and participates in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participating in periodic onsite member activities, including workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate(Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a Director or in a Senior management role in an IT capacity
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry holding the role of Sr. IT leadership
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a Client-facing position that requires a high level of Executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
Subject Matter Expertise:
If the candidate’s primary focus has been ERP, familiarity or expertise in one of the major ERP packages (SAP or Oracle EBS). In lieu of this expertise, the successful candidate will have led broad and complex business systems implementations as Project Manager, Program Director or Steering Committee member.
Expertise in managing a custom applications development environment. This includes systems integration, DevOps and business liaison experience and expertise coupled with expertise in IT organizational design. Experience with Business Intelligence strategy and implementation is a plus.
Experience/expertise with modern enterprise application methods, including:
- Bimodal IT
- Lean Development
- Application Maintenance Methods and Outsourcing
- Integration Strategy and API Management
- Software Asset Management
- Mobile application development and deployment
- Cloud application deployment strategies
Experience/expertise in customer-centric and CRM application development and management including:
- Customer Facing Systems and Programs
- Salesforce Automation
- Customer Relationship Management
Federal Government / DoD:
Direct experience and expertise working as a government employee, supporting government clients or advising and consulting federal government clients. This role will be have the need to be a versatilist while working with various government and industry clients. A solid knowledge of federal government politics, contracting practices, and federal government business practices will be key to the success for this role. Finally, knowledge of military and DoD environments, terminology and their unique challenges is highly desirable.
- Active Secret (or above) clearance
- Extensive experience interacting at the senior executive service (SES), General/Flag Officer and Political Appointee level
- Experience as direct manager of medium to large team of government employees
- Experience interacting with government support contractor management and resources
- Knowledge and experience with DoD and/or Federal Agency acquisition process and policy
- Knowledge and experience with DoD and/or Federal Agency program objectives memorandum (POM) process
- Experience interacting with and tasking government Contracting Officers in the procurement of IT services and capabilities
Job ID 00016179
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top