Leadership Partner - Enterprise Architecture & Innovation
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Leadership Partner- Enterprise Architecture & Innovation
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development, the unique opportunity to make a significant difference in many client organizations simultaneously as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for, the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of 25-30 member relationships, and participate in account planning with Gartner Leadership Client Managers and Account Executives.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for the members and multi-member accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall product strategy and deliverables.
- Define and conduct on-site sessions for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and service renewal.
- Responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and/or participate in periodic member activities, including special interest groups (SIGs), workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a Director or in a Senior management role
- Successful experience in roles such as Chief Enterprise Architect, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Innovation Officer, Chief Technologist, Chief Strategist, Head of Innovation Lab
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills including experience working with senior IT and business leaders
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Strong time and client portfolio management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had successful experience in an executive Enterprise Architecture and/or Innovation role within a Global 1000 organization or government agency with commensurate responsibilities and span of control. Additionally, candidates would also have experience in executive level roles within consulting or customer facing positions. Candidates should have strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing experience and expertise with modern Enterprise Architecture and Innovation key initiatives and methods, including:
Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Articulating the business value of EA
- Building and leading an effective business outcome driven EA program
- Organizing/staffing the EA discipline
- Business, information, technology and solutions architecture
- Federated enterprise architecture in larger organizations
- EA governance
- Funding an EA program
- EA in a highly outsourced IT structure
- Integrating EA with Innovation Leadership
- Integrating EA with Program & Portfolio Management
- Measuring EA program effectiveness
- Cloud architecture
- Architecting platforms (think Amazon, eBay, Uber, etc as business enabling platforms)
- Creating a culture of innovation
- Funding – internal or external VC
- Ideation, transfer & incubation
- Prototypes & pilots
- Technology tracking, scenario planning, horizon scanning
- Innovation metrics and maturity – measuring innovation effectiveness and business impact
- Innovation frameworks
- Business & reverse innovation
- Business, Social and Technology trends and creative application of them to create business advantage
- Industry Impacts, breadth of application and non-adoption risk
- Product development life cycle
Digital Business/Government, Transformation, Strategic Planning
- Digital Business/Government strategy and roadmap – applying new, digitally enabled business models
- Traditional business and IT strategic planning
- People-Process-Technology transformation
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- Ability to build strategic internal partnerships with key roles across the organization and positively impact change
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability build trust and deliver value.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:32738
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top