Leadership Partner -Business of IT / Sourcing and Vendor Management
Leadership Partner- Business of IT / Sourcing and Vendor Management
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to their clients who are highly visible senior executives from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies. Gartner Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. You will have the opportunity to learn about and deliver solutions for the most complex technology challenges facing the world’s largest community of fortune 500 clients.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 20-25 clients as a subject matter expert, and build and manage a service delivery engagement plan with Gartner Leadership Client Managers, Account Executives, and clients.
- Leverage personal subject matter expertise to facilitate solutions for clients and multi-client accounts.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing client initiatives and developing a customized engagement plan and activity roadmap based on their company’s Mission Critical Priorities.
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at their location in support of key initiatives.
- Participate in all phases of the “member” lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, service delivery planning and execution, review and renewal.
- Responsible for client retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales: Prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite client activities, including executive briefings, workshops, research analyst visits (where appropriate), roundtables and webinars (in collaboration with Gartner Research).
- Participate and facilitate client interactions and collaboration during peer to peer events and virtual calls.
- Participate in account planning with Sales Account Executives
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a Director or in a Senior management role in an IT capacity
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry holding the role of Sr. IT leadership in Souring, Vendor Management, Procurement, Business of IT, Office of the CIO, or related function
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome-based business/technical advice
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Sr. IT Leadership
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
- Government security clearance desired
Subject Matter Expertise:
Business of IT
- IT Finance, the Business Value of IT, IT Budgeting, IT investment planning, Communication and Business Relationship Management
- Vendor Management Office from relationship inception through maturation and across contracts, supplier performance, and supplier relationship management disciplines.
- Lifecycle of the “deal” for all IT hardware, software, and services including Hybrid Sourcing, Cloud Sourcing, Outsourcing, SLAs, OLAs, and contract negotiations.
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess a client’s situation and provide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate GARTNER resources to help clients achieve results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships with key roles across the client’s organization and positively impact change
- This role is client-facing position and requires a high level of executive presence and ability to build trust and deliver value.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills as well as strong facilitation and presentation skills.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top