Leadership Partner - Applications
LEADERSHIP PARTNER – IT Executive Advisor:
Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Our clients are IT executives from Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who report directly to the CIO.
The role of the Leadership Partner is to coach and critique strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, assist them in developing IT strategy, establishing priorities and planning for implementation around key IT initiatives. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
The Leadership Partner manages approximately 35 – 40 client relationships and supports account planning in collaboration with Leadership Client Managers, and the respective Gartner Account Executive. These three individuals collectively have responsibility for each assigned account.
The Leadership Partner participates in all phases of the client lifecycle:
Pre-sale, On-boarding, Relationship Management, Full Delivery, Review and Renew.
Success is defined by a smooth hand-off from the sales team, consistent member engagement, creation of complete member profiles, accurate identification of the member's agenda, development of an engagement plan, successful quarterly member satisfaction reviews and preparation/delivery of value added on-site engagements and member meetings.
SALES AND MARKETING SUPPORT
The Leadership Partner is responsible for client retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner sales in account planning and value demonstration activities.
The Leadership Partner is responsible for hosting and/or participating in periodic member events including workshops, roundtables and webinars, in collaboration with Gartner Research and Events staff.
The Leadership Partner supports research activities such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall EITL strategy and EITL product deliverables.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed, sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, involvement with appropriate events, etc
- Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer group meetings on topics of relevance to the community.
- Deliver bimonthly webinars to community members on topics of relevance; including both analysts and peer experts
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Represent Gartner/EUP/Enterprise IT Leaders publicly as a respected content expert
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EITL community portal and assisted member connections
- Facilitate and participate in local events and round tables.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
If the candidate’s primary focus has been ERP, familiarity or expertise in one of the major ERP packages (SAP or Oracle EBS). In lieu of this expertise, the successful candidate will have led broad and complex business systems implementations as Project Manager, Program Director or Steering Committee member.
Expertise in managing a custom applications development environment. This includes systems integration, DevOps and business liaison experience and expertise coupled with expertise in IT organizational design. Experience with Business Intelligence strategy and implementation is a plus.
Experience/expertise with modern enterprise application methods, including:
- Bimodal IT
- Lean Development
- Application Maintenance Methods and Outsourcing
- Integration Strategy and API Management
- Software Asset Management
- Mobile application development and deployment
- Cloud application deployment strategies
Experience/expertise in customer-centric and CRM application development and management including:
- Customer Facing Systems and Programs
- Salesforce Automation
- Customer Relationship Management
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years experience working in a senior IT management role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other IT area (e.g. Consulting, IT Supplier, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of Sr. IT leadership
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of business and IT strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice along with access to appropriate Gartner services
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience working with Senior IT management
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Collaboration and team leadership experience
- Demonstrated sales and/or business development experience focused on Sr. IT management
- Strong time and project management skills
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top