Lead Software Engineer - Hyperion
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Seasoned professional responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications for a specific area using existing and emerging technology platforms. Scope of the role is typically across one or multiple small applications in a portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Converts functional specifications on business problems into programming specifications
Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and/or customers to clarify requirements.
- Performs coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, utilizing standard procedures and techniques
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for small to mid-scale systems. Maintains records to document program development and revisions
- Tests own work, contributes to the development of test plans, and participates in post-implementation reviews
- Coordinates with customers and IT colleagues to resolve systems issues and advances development projects
- Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards
- Mentoring a small team of technical contributors, providing work direction, guidance and coaching. Will also provide technical leadership to project teams
What you’ll need:
- 6 to 9 years of relevant Experience
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting along with Taxation
- Experience with corporate planning & budgeting, monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting to the street
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and support business focused technical solutions using Essbase, Planning, HPCM, DRM, HFM, and FDMEE
- Provide configuration, database/metadata design, data validation, and troubleshooting for different Hyperion Products
- Troubleshoot and provide recommendations for errors and performance issues reported in HFM, FDMEE/FDM, Planning, Essbase, Hyperion Reports, and Smart View
- Provide new and ongoing training/ KT to the users on HFM, FDMEE/FDM, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Planning and Smart View
- Coordinate all relevant data and activities with the Hyperion Data relationship Management (DRM)
- Experience in AWS sysadmin or Lamda automation tools
- Knowledge of corporate business processes, creating functional specifications, identifying and developing requirements for new reports, preparing test scripts and providing support
Who you are:
- Demonstrates strong understanding of all application development processes and development methods and tools and their appropriate use, serving as a resource to more junior colleagues
- Maintains and builds expertise in the relevant programming languages
- Seen as a key resource in the existing applications supporting the business area, ensuring the system is performing up to requirements
- Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of their technologies as appropriate
- Developing an understanding of key architectural issues and how they should be factored into decisions and recommendations
- Seen as a key technical resource in their area of specialization
- Designs projects for small to mid-sized systems, which may impact multiple applications within the portfolio
- Conducts complete diagnosis of standard business problems, factoring in an understanding of the technical applications architecture
- Facilitates design sessions by presenting logical statements of business problems and designs and offering and incorporating ideas
- Functions independently with limited work direction. Work is reviewed occasionally
- Solicits and incorporates feedback from all interested parties into final decision making
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects
- Commits to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Job Requisition ID:39625
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top