Lead Software Engineer
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About Gartner Digital Markets
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Full Stack Software Lead/ Engineering Manager for our Vendor Portal team located in Gurgaon, India.
This position works closely with our product owners, leads and engineers across teams to working web API, database, web portal using RDBMS, Node.js using REST API or Graph API and client UI using React or other JS frameworks.
What You Will Do
- Lead the delivery of high quality, innovative, flexible, cost-optimized and scalable technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures with databases, large scale data processing, APIs and intuitive user interfaces
- Support the production of web applications that your team will build
- Perform hands-on development and provide thoughtful code reviews
- Mentor and lead development team members to continuously improve quality and productivity to achieve business results
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using Node.js, React, RDBMS, Elasticsearch and Serverless Framework
- Engage with the business in requirements analysis, leading to high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria
- Partner with the business stakeholders, peers, IT groups and communicate effectively
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more technology areas
- Conduct Proof of Concepts for testing business ideas
- Discover opportunities for data acquisition; develop dataset process for data modelling, mining, and production
- Recommend ways to improve operational excellence, reliability, performance and security of applications
- Follow SCRUM Agile Development methodology
What You Will Need
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant experience of which at least 3 years needs to be in lead capacity managing teams and influencing application architectures
- Directly managed a development team responsible for one or more applications and having delivered business outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodology, techniques & standards.
- Strong understanding of software design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Must have full stack experience using Node.js, React, Oracle RDBMS, using Serverless framework and Elasticsearch.
- Experience supporting and debugging production web application environments
- Ability and willingness to work with remote teams
- Should have built and used a REST API
- Any experience using Ruby on Rails, GraphQL and D3 JS library is a plus
- Experience working with Unix based platform is a must
- Must have deployed using docker container on AWS Infrastructure.
Who We Are
Action-Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candour with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared the mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement at Gartner
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38590
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top