L2-Director, Client Strategy (Activewear & Specialty Retail Verticals)
L2 is looking for Directors to help scale its business and work closely with clients to grow our relationships with them. L2 Directors of Client Strategy are charged with managing a team of client strategists to develop and deliver Executive Education and Deep Dive strategy presentations, managing and driving the member relationship (CEOs, CMOs, SVP of Marketing, Digital, etc.), securing annual membership renewals, and scaling member relationships. Directors of CS are supported by analysts, researchers, and technologists.
This role is specifically responsible for the Specialty Retail & Activewear verticals at L2.
- Support the development and delivery of “Deep Dives” that provide member brands a no mercy/no malice assessment of strengths/weaknesses delivered over 2-3 hour in-person presentations
- Interface with L2 research team to provide ongoing feedback on reports and data insights to better serve members
- Work with L2 Leadership team to influence product offering
- Work with your Sector Lead to manage/mentor a team of 4-6 individuals
Skills & Requirements:
- Eight or more years of experience in client-facing consulting
- Several years servicing clients within relevant categories (including retail, fashion, consumer goods, luxury)
- Experience working on the brand side within Retail, Consumer Goods, Fashion, or Luxury brands
- Proven ability to thrive and grow in a high-growth startup environment
- Domain expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile
- Understanding/familiarity with large multi-brand organizations across the relevant sectors
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including PowerPoint) with attention to detail
- Experience managing teams, particularly in a consulting / services organization
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in start-ups and small organizations a plus
- A doer—executes on plans, asks forgiveness vs. permission, and shows tangible results
L2 is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our member brands with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research.
The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global benchmark for digital performance of consumer brands. By analyzing more than 850 data points across dimensions including – Site & E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Mobile & Tablets – we quantitatively diagnose brands’ digital strengths and weaknesses and rank peer-to-peer performance.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
· Competitive salary and bonus packages
· Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
· 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
· 20 days vacation
· "Champagne Friday" happy hour
· Bagel Mondays
· Unlimited Nespresso
· Friday catered team lunches
· Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi's yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
· Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
· The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top