L2-Associate, Client Strategy (Big Box & Dept. Store Verticals)
L2 is a subscription-based intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide members with actionable, data-driven insights regarding digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. L2 was founded on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked to shareholder value.
L2 is undergoing rapid growth and looking to expand its Client Strategy and Services team. The Client Strategy Associate is charged with managing a set number of client relationships, interfacing regularly with member brands, and producing client deliverables. Working closely with the Sector Lead, the Client Strategy Associate is responsible for developing Deep Dive strategy and Executive Education presentations, serving as the day-to-day contact for members, supporting the contract and renewal process, and managing other general account functions. The Client Strategy Associate may also manage one or two analysts on the team.
This specific opening is located in the Greater Chicago Area on our Big Box & Dept. Stores focused team.
- Develop and assist in delivery of “Deep Dives” that provide member brands a a no mercy/no malice assessment of strengths/weaknesses delivered over 2-3 hour in-person presentations
- Analyze L2 research to craft strategies for member brands, leveraging proprietary research tools and databases
- Develop and deliver materials for ad hoc member requests and inquiries
- Lead projects, typically working with junior analysts, and manage timing and quality of output
- Work with Research team on refining methodology based on client feedback
- Manage member tracking and administration (e.g. input data to Salesforce, respond to client emails, scheduling, etc.)
Skills & Experiences:
- 1-3 years of experience in client-facing consulting, research, or services role
- Domain understanding and expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile
- Understanding/familiarity with large multi-brand organizations across one or more verticals including: CPG/Food, Luxury, Retail, Beauty, Beverages, Hospitality, and Auto
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including PowerPoint) with attention to detail
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in start-ups and small organizations a plus
· Strong Communicator —the key is in distilling data down to understandable and consumable bites, using the data to craft a narrative in speech, writing, or analysis
· Entrepreneurial —L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change
· Innovative —We are constantly looking to make L2 better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way
· Quick Learner —Things move quickly at L2 and we want folks who can keep up and drive our success
· A doer —Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done
L2 is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our member brands with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research.
The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global benchmark for digital performance of consumer brands. By analyzing more than 850 data points across dimensions including – Site & E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Mobile & Tablets – we quantitatively diagnose brands’ digital strengths and weaknesses and rank peer-to-peer performance.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
· Competitive salary and bonus packages
· Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
· 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
· 20 days vacation
· "Champagne Friday" happy hour
· Bagel Mondays
· Unlimited Nespresso
· Friday catered team lunches
· Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi's yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
· Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
· The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top