L2- Jr. SQL Developer
We are looking for a junior to mid-level SQL developer with a passion for data integrity and problem-solving. As a SQL developer at L2, you will aid in the quality control and development of our internal reporting and data pipeline. In this customer-service oriented role, your primary job function will be helping users with data integrity issues and providing access to data that is not readily available through our reporting tools. Although this position requires some autonomy, the DataTech team is a highly collaborative one. You will enter a fast-paced, challenging environment with the potential to make a large impact on the organization. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented developer with strong communication skills and an inquisitive nature.
● Help complete ad-hoc data requests from users
● Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements
● Prepare documentation and specifications
● Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
● Investigate anomalies in data pipeline
● Help evaluate data from new sources
Skills & Requirements:
● Strong communication skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a willingness to help with ongoing user questions and needs.
● 1-3 years of professional experience using SQL - particularly PostgreSQL or Redshift.
● Some experience with Python and Pandas.
● Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
● Experience with scrum or agile development, distributed version control systems, test-driven development, automated deployment and provisioning, Gitflow.
● Experience working in a startup or startup like company or environment.
● AWS skills (RDS, Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, etc).
● Knowledge of statistical methodologies
● Experience working in automated reporting environments such as Tableau, Spotfire or Power BI
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
● Competitive salary and bonus packages
● Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
● 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
● 20 days vacation
● Bagel Mondays
● Unlimited Nespresso
● Friday catered team lunches
● Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel
● Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, etc.)
● The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top