IT Sourcing Consultant, IT Strategy, Stockholm
What makes Gartner Consulting a GREAT fit for you? A career at Gartner Consulting will be unlike any other you have experienced. Not only are we are passionate about technology and its application, we are also committed to attracting the most creative, talented and driven consultants to take our world-renowned Gartner research to a whole new level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you will lead some of the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. Our consultants are technology thought leaders for the 21st century. You can expect to connect technology innovations to the strategic requirements of an organization and to the commercial needs of a business, all within the context of the changing digital economy. Consulting associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development. If you thrive on solving complex business challenges with technology, Gartner is the place for you.
Backed with the insight of Gartner Research and Events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, we are looking for a talented individual to support the team in Stockholm to play a major role as a part of Gartner's strategic IT Sourcing practice.
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organisations across multiple industries and the Public Sector. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role:
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their Go-to-Market IT strategies. As a successful IT Strategy Consultant, you will:
- Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
- Analyse Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
- Develop and maintain client relationships;
- Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Experience working on IT Sourcing and vendor selection projects.
- Educated to degree level; MBA qualification desirable;
- Fluency in both English and Swedish languages, essential.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Willing to be flexible and work across Public and Private Sector engagements
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyse problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimisation (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Job Requisition ID:G17768
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G17768
Back to top