IT Sourcing Consultant, IT Strategy, Stockholm
Backed with the insight of Gartner Research and Events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve.
Due to increasing demand, we are looking for a talented individual to support the team in Stockholm as to play a major role as a part of Gartner's strategic IT Sourcing practice.
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for a portfolio of accounts that consist of large-scale organisations and a large focus on the Public Sector. You will form part of a project team that advises clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in successfully managing their technology investments and define their “Go-to-Market” IT strategies. As a successful IT Strategy Consultant, you will:
Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented;
Analyse Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations;
Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results;
Develop and maintain client relationships;
Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set.
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Experience working on IT Sourcing and vendor selection projects.
Educated to degree level; MBA qualification desirable;
- Fluency in both English and Swedish languages, essential.
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Willing to be flexible and work across Public and Private Sector engagements
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Ability to analyse problems and create business cases using a variety of tools (e.g. Excel);
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimisation (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Job ID 00017768
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top