IT Service Monitoring Analyst, Gartner Research, Flexible N.A. Location
About this role:
A Research Director in the area of IT Operations Management will apply their broad knowledge of IT Operations Management technologies, vendors, processes, and best practices to provide actionable insights to our clients. Within IT Operations, there is a focus on monitoring infrastructure, applications, and business systems to understand a complete view of the business experience of IT. A Research Director demonstrates exceptional writing, analytical thinking, public speaking skills, and ability to provide relevant insights to an array of IT Leaders
In this role, you will:
• Research and gather data in support of analysis and position development in areas related to IT Operations Management and monitoring IT services, especially regarding Application Performance.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify how changing technology and provider landscape will impact Infrastructure and Operations design and management choices
• Provide actionable insights to IT leaders on how to monitor, manage, and optimize their increasingly complex hybrid cloud environments.
• Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
• Participate in research meetings, and conduct interviews, surveys, and reviews of statistical analysis.
• Create thought leading written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients.
• Respond to client inquiries as required, providing individualized advice to IT leaders or vendor clients.
• Define, lead and conduct client audio teleconferences.
• Present at multiple conferences as an industry expert.
• Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
• Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
Flexible U.S. Location with the ability to work from home or a Gartner office
Expertise is required in the following areas:
• 10 plus years of experience working within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
• Best practices for Infrastructure and Operations management and governance for environments both on premise and in the cloud.
• Monitoring, managing, and optimizing the next-generation private, public and hybrid cloud computing architectures.
• Application performance monitoring (APM), IT infrastructure monitoring (ITIM), and/or network performance monitoring and diagnostics (NPMD)
• Improving IT services utilizing algorithms and analytics architectures.
• Working within teams to produce a highly collaborative result
• How leading IT organizations are leveraging IT Operations to support digital business.
• Assisting clients of all sizes, complexity, and maturity navigate the vendor landscape of technology choices.
• Creating best practices for IT Leaders to manage their technologies, people, processes and business alignment.
• Exposure to DevOps or other agile methodologies.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top