Internet of Things Practice Director (Consulting - Munich)
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, Gartner is establishing an Internet of Things (IoT) Centre of Excellence in Munich and requires an experienced Director to help lead this exciting growth platform.
The Director will grow and lead a team of IoT Subject Matter Experts with EMEA-wide coverage as part of the broader Digital Practice. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how IoT technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
As the key member of the EMEA Digital practice you will lead and deliver strategic engagements targeting many of the most pressing issues faced by technology executives today. Including but not limited to:
- How IoT enables Digital Transformation
- How to adopt IoT architectures that enable transformational / new business models
- How to appropriately secure IoT environments to mitigate business risk
- How IoT capabilities should be sourced
- How traditional IT / OT environments should be converged to establish an IoT ready operating model across the enterprise
The successful candidate we seek will be expected to bring prior experience and knowledge relevant to the subject areas above. You will be fully proficient in the delivery of IoT consulting offerings. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Manage in cooperation with our Managing Partners, proposals and engagements relating to IoT
- Ensure that the EMEA IoT team have the appropriate technical and commercial methodologies, required level of staffing and budget, competencies and experience to support and contribute to the EMEA business plan through:
- Ensuring that the team is up to date with the latest trends and thinking regarding IoT
- Developing Gartner IoT IP including the ongoing training of the team
- Actively participating in relevant professional bodies
- Collaborating with the other EMEA Gartner Consulting Practices such as Security & Risk practice and the Sourcing Practice
- Actively participate in the delivery of client engagements through;
- Performing analyses and developing client deliverables appropriate to the specific consulting engagement
- Conducting interviews and managing interactions with board-level client management and key senior stakeholders to gain an understanding of client business conditions, risks and controls
- Managing the sign-off on comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments
- Leading the coordination and communicating of key findings and results of engagement, supervising written reports and oral presentations to board level executives, senior client management and key senior stakeholders
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm;
- Completed university education in a relevant technical field;
- Significant Internet of Things and wider IT industry understanding;
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience;
- Proven track record of holding and achieving sales targets;
- Business development experience, evidence of developing new service advantageous;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse international environment;
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable;
- Expertise with strategic consulting frameworks and financial principles such as budgeting, asset valuation and net present value;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments);
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Willingness to be based in our Munich office and travel as required (potentially several days per week).
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language (ideally German)
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO/CXO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- Digital Transformation;
- Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security and Risk Management techniques;
- Business Intelligence;
- Insight and Analytics.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top